@KayeKaye - You are coming along wonderfully!! I love the picture...looks like a very relaxing place!!
I also still have quite a bit of pain when standing and walking the first several feet.
We're getting there!!! :friends:
@KayeKaye, I was just wondering how you are doing? Does the pool seem to help in the recovery process? How is your husband feeling? Hoping both of you are coming along.
@heathme1, I bet it feels good to be home! How was the rehab place you went to? I can't believe they forgot to take your staples out. Do you have home health aids coming to your home now?
My chair was too low too, so we bought bed lifts from Bed, Bath and Beyond and put them under the chair...
I am having a lot of pain on both knees, and I don't know why. Its on the left and right side of the knee.
Trying to sit down and stand up is very painful.
Does anyone know what could be causing this?
@Roy Gardiner Thank you for the feedback. I'll hold off on mowing. I don't want to strain the soft tissue.
Looking forward to when everything is healed. :)
I have a (maybe silly) question...I'm now out to about week 16. I want to help with mowing the lawn and we have a riding mower. Do you think this would be ok to do? It's a bouncy ride, and I wasn't sure if that would do any harm/damage to my new knees.
@heathme1, I was wondering how you are doing? I'm guessing you are still in the rehabilitation facility...?
I hope things are going better for you. This is a tough operation with a long road to recovery. But each day, I see improvements, and you will too! I hope you are able to get a lot of...
@heathme1 Good Morning! How are you feeling? Today you get to go to rehab, right? I hope you have a good experience there. It has to be better than the hospital you are in. Just be sure they don't hurt you. The rehab I was in was set on trying to bend my knee and get good numbers. Also...
Recently, I'm having a problem with restless legs when I go to bed. I don't know what is causing it nor how to
stop it. Is it triggered by not walking enough during the day or walking too much, or something else. Very frustrating. Has anyone else had this problem?
@heathme1, I have been thinking about you and wondering how you are doing. I'm so sorry to hear about the lack of care you are getting and the pain you are in. Maybe, as tjcteacher said, you can get the floor nurse to get involved and get you the care you need. :prayer:
@Celle, thank you for the Extension 'ways to improve'. I'm am now doing them a few times a day. I just realized that my steps are somewhat in between a 'shuffled and baby steps', not a 'normal' gait. I actually have to mindfully think to walk 'heel-toe-bend the knee' and now make the step a...
@KayeKaye , I just started back with PT in order to get the right knee flat. I think things will be a lot better when I can get this knee to fully extend and I can walk without the limp. Wish I knew when the heaviness in the knees will leave. Right now, I'm going 2x's a week for PT. I'm not...
@KayeKaye, We sound like twins!! My right leg is being a pain. Left leg is healing nicely. I know what you mean, I sometimes would think, "What's wrong with me? Other's on here are up and about so fast" But then I have to remember that everyone heals differently and at different times. I...
@tjcteacher & @Pumpkln Thank you for your responses. I will ask PT tomorrow to also work with me on my gait, along with the extension. I appreciate the article and I started doing the 'foot on stool' one to help with my extension. referee54's article is right on the button. I continue to...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.