Recent content by JanetLynn

  1. JanetLynn

    THR My Big THR Recovery-Crickethip

    @CricketHip, you have always been amazing and upbeat. All your posts are entertaining. I am so happy you are doing well. Sleep is so healing. I was constantly taking naps in the first weeks, and even now, months later, naps are still important on the week-ends. I'm glad you have a lift...
  2. JanetLynn

    THR I Have a New Hip! Surgery on 7/27/15

    Hi @Steelergal Are you getting any relief yet? I feel the same and wonder if I overdid, if it's just normal, but darn, I hate the pain. I am through with PT but started with a massage therapist to help with the pain and lots of ice packs. I even have the dry packs to squeeze to coldness at work...
  3. JanetLynn

    THR Gamma on the go

    Now at 19 weeks. Went to massage therapist on Tuesday, and will continue that weekly for an hour until the pain lessens. I find it really helpful as she massages and moves my leg around, gently stretching and pulling to loosen my muscles up. She says it's not deep massage but she does use her...
  4. JanetLynn

    THR Gamma on the go

    Thank you @Josephine 1. I had a posterior and the healing went well. 2. I have an ache in my groin every time I move it, pain about a 3-5 during the day. I also have an ache just behind my hip bone, which goes on constantly (pain level 3-5). Several times a week, I am awaken with pain on the...
  5. JanetLynn

    THR Third new joint

    @Buddhabear I too just made the decision to retire and it feels good. Work is interfering with what I need to do to get my hip & muscles feeling better. It's been 4 months since surgery, but I think I have done too much too soon. Have faith that perhaps retirement is your best recovery option...
  6. JanetLynn

    THR Gamma on the go

    Thanks @Cynthia777 You are such an active participant! I've been taking a much smaller dose of Trazadone so I will definitely ask about increasing the amount. I'm trying to mentally relax and not stress over the lack of sleep. Right now I am trying 30 mg of Belsomra and in two more nights will...
  7. JanetLynn

    THR Flight of the BumbleB

    You just had major surgery! Slow down girl and take care of yourself (or better, have someone take care of you!) I hope your recovery is smooth and uneventful. Let others help so you can focus on resting and slowly easing back into a daily routine.
  8. JanetLynn

    THR 2 weeks post op....is it normal?

    @Baybee You do sound a bit like an over-achiever! Relax like everyone says. This healing is a slow steady process with its ups and downs. Pampering and TLC from others is strongly recommended. My daughter is fairly good, but it's not natural. She's use to Mom doing everything and I'm having...
  9. JanetLynn

    THR Gamma on the go

    I am at 16 weeks post-op. I had not planned on coming back ... My 2nd THR (right) was almost 4 months ago and I had the groin pain in the beginning during PT. I don't know if it went away or I just got use to it. It is now back and I'm not happy. I can't ignore it anymore as I am limping...
  10. JanetLynn

    THR Follow-up appointment...possible loosening at 12 months????

    I am at 16 weeks post-op. I had not planned on coming back, but here I am, under this 'suspecting iliopsoas tendonitis' thread. At least I am in good company! My 2nd THR (right) was May 6th and I had the groin pain in the beginning during PT. I don't know if it went away or I just got use to it...
  11. JanetLynn

    THR Gamma on the go

    Friday May 8, Day 2: great day at home. Took Percocet at mostly 5 hour intervals and dozed in between times, plus walking. PT came and it was nice to have the muscles loosen up a little. Moving around isn't bad. Totally unexceptional day but successful. Thinking of you all and sending healing...
  12. JanetLynn

    THR Gamma on the go

    May 7 at 9: am being released this morning for home. Just waiting for final PT so I can try the steps. I feel ready and no pain. Will be doing a lot of resting at home. And it's raining!!! Have to get dressed and wait for my transportation. Will keep you posted and will continue to watch your...
  13. JanetLynn

    THR Gamma on the go

    Thursday May 7 Day 1: night passed with no pain just a few twinges from muscles that had been moved. Slept more in a twilight zone, not fully awake but not deep sleep so it seemed, Lab tech came and drew blood. Nurse came and emptied the catheter bag . I'm being drinking buckets of water and...
  14. JanetLynn

    THR Gamma on the go

    Day 0 continues! Relaxed the afternoon and requested a breakthrough med even tho only at a 3. Two hours later, PT Bob came by . Still at no pain so he assisted while I stood up and tried the walker. Took off down the hall and back. This new pain protocol is wonderful. My gait flowed so I was...
  15. JanetLynn

    THR Gamma on the go

    Wednesday May 6! Wow! It is now 7 hours since surgery and no pain. In pre-op I received OxyContin, Celebrex, and Tylenol. Had a spinal. Was sitting up for it, with rounded back and leaning in and being cradled by the Tech's manly arms ... Bliss!! That's all I remember. In post-op I had two...
Back
Top Bottom