Recent content by janetg

  1. janetg

    THR Six months post-op with lower back pain

    Hi all, So gladly donated to this wonderful site which gave me so much support during my left knee replacement recovery. That was July 8th, 2015. Seven months later I underwent total right hip replacement anterior approach. So now at 5 months post op I'm experiencing lower back (just below...
  2. janetg

    TKR 5 Months out

    hi. my surgery was july 8th. i've just started having this sharp pain and the same thing you are experiencing. i think its those nerves waking up.
  3. janetg

    TKR Slainte's Big Adventure

    Slainte, So glad to hear you've gotten the other knee done and it's over with!! We were a day apart i think (july 8) and i enjoyed your optimism so much during our recovery! I just found out i've got to have my right hip done and its scheduled for Jan 14, ugh! but as i say thank goodness we...
  4. janetg

    TKR Almost unbelievable

    hi, hard to believe its been 4mo! just wondering if anyone has experienced this. the last few days i have this sharp almost stabbing pain right in the spot where all my knee pain was in the first place. comes and goes doesn't affect my walking at all. no swelling or warmth. i was wondering...
  5. janetg

    TKR Right TKR 6/5

    I just have to say, you are a fantastic group of women. I feel as though i know all of you! So kind.
  6. janetg

    TKR Almost unbelievable

    Thanks Karri, was really thinking something was very weird with me. I'll try and find the
  7. janetg

    TKR Almost unbelievable

    thank you pumpkin!
  8. janetg

    TKR Almost unbelievable

    Hello all, Hate to ask this question but wondering about my 'mood'. Im a pretty happy person I would say. I do take 20mg of Celexa daily for minor depression. However, I can't seem to move out of this 'blue' area. Im not a crier, and haven't really, but find myself on the brink a lot! I'm...
  9. janetg

    TKR TKR July 8th

    I had my surgery also on July 8th. I must admit I was a complete slacker with the home PT. I just didn't feel good enough to do any more than the exercises i did when she was here. I went to the PT facility and had an evaluation, she said I was doing really well. 105/2. Now I've had no...
  10. janetg

    TKR My post-op thread

    Is the hip pain the same side as the operated knee?
  11. janetg

    TKR Pain and flexibility

    Hi, My left knee replacement was July 8th. Here I am today wondering why it still hurts? I stand too much I know but can't accept that almost 5 weeks and it still aches so much. Everyone on this site is so kind and makes you feel as though everything we go through is completely normal. We...
  12. janetg

    TKR Braunzie's Journey on "The Other Side"?

    We are getting there!!!!
  13. janetg

    TKR Almost unbelievable

    Everyone's responses are so much appreciated. It's a tricky situation with my job because i don't want to take the chance of losing my clientele, so fortunately I can schedule them with rests in between. Also it's a wonderful diversion seeing them! Just went out to Whole Foods and was very...
  14. janetg

    TKR Almost unbelievable

    Thanks again ladies. I think i stand too long. I'm now embarrassed to admit I'm hairdressing at home and have done 2-3 clients a day for the last couple of weeks, I know!!!!:sad: Another question, I have plenty of Dilaudid left over, should I be moving down to something less strong? Is...
  15. janetg

    TKR Almost unbelievable

    When does energy return???? I go about my day, staying busy, but my goodness, everything still wipes me out!!! Also my knee seems to be in constant state of ache. Doesn't seem enough for pain killers but Advil and tylenol don't seem to help that much. Next wed is 5 weeks and I cannot...
Back
Top Bottom