Recent content by Janet2012

  1. Janet2012

    Bilateral TKR 6-4-2012 surgery, 5 year anniversary

    Celle, I do remember you. Hope things are going well for you also!
  2. Janet2012

    Bilateral TKR 6-4-2012 surgery, 5 year anniversary

    Hello Bonesmarties! I am a former Bonesmartie, retired from posting for a couple of years, but I thought I would revisit you and post my 5 year follow up. My surgeon sees his patients at 1 and 5 years post surgury, so I was in to see him in March, a few months early. In fact, he retired a few...
  3. Janet2012

    TKR 3-17 RTKR and Totally "On Course"

    Hi Phil, I'm just visiting, I see you got your pivot knee done! Glad it's going so well so soon! Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
  4. Janet2012

    Bilateral TKR Seven years Ago...

    Nice Tim! Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
  5. Janet2012

    wberry's First Timers TKR Nervous Cat

    About the dental work. If certain bacteria enters the blood stream, it can be carried throughout the body. A bacterial infection can attach itself to the foreign body of the knee implant and cause a bio film of infection that can be very hard to treat. Worst case scenario, the knee has to be...
  6. Janet2012

    wberry's First Timers TKR Nervous Cat

    Hi Wberry, I'm an older timer, popping in for a visit. It's been 2 1/2 years since my bilateral tkr. While bilateral was the best decision I made in my opinion, for me, you just need to trust and go with what your surgeon feels is best for you, and for him as a surgeon. You should have a good...
  7. Janet2012

    Josephine joins the ranks of the marginally terrified

    I haven't been on Bonesmart for a few months and thought I'd stop by to start the New Year off. Jo, I see you are about to have your other knee done. My best wishes to you for a successful surgery and an uneventful and smooth recovery! Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
  8. Janet2012

    TKR 3-17 RTKR and Totally "On Course"

    Phil, just dropped by, it's been awhile. Good luck with your up coming surgery, I hope it goes as well as the first! That left knee might take a little longer to be ready for golf, so it's a good time to get it done. Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
  9. Janet2012

    Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

    Hi Sonja, just looking in to make sure you're still causing trouble! Photo of you in the mud sums it up I think! :-) Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
  10. Janet2012

    TKR This has been the worst, most painful, most careless surgery ever

    Oh, and NOW I see all the other posts that have already responded to you! Lol! You are in good hands here! Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
  11. Janet2012

    TKR This has been the worst, most painful, most careless surgery ever

    Hi Satsu, I'm so sorry you are having such a difficult time! You must feel very battered! This IS the place to come for support, understanding and information. I've been here since before my knees were done more than two years ago. I know that everyone here responding to you cares very much...
  12. Janet2012

    Gary Stevens, Jockey just got TKR

    110* of flexion several hours after surgery --- he just didn't have a chance to swell up yet. It'll go down, and back up again I bet. Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
  13. Janet2012

    Bilateral TKR I had both knees tkr and am struggling

    Zzzquil and Benedryl have the same active ingredient, I believe, so just be aware you are doubling the dose. Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
  14. Janet2012

    PKR Pain meds after 8 weeks? Does anyone else need pain meds after 8 weeks?

    I was on pain meds for about five months. Not in a lot of pain, but more comfortable with them than without. My doc was comfortable with that, knowing how I was taking them and giving me the caveats about being careful and weaning myself off. I was icing even longer than that. It's silly to...
  15. Janet2012

    TKR Rita's recovery

    Six miles is a lot in my book! I like the LEGO acronym. I was wondering what a stroller was in YOUR neck of the woods, then realized you were speaking of one who strolls. The baby buggy threw me. Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
Back
Top Bottom