Recent content by Jan1956

  1. Jan1956

    THR Depression...Surgery 7/2/18

    Wow, it’s been awhile! I recommended this forum to a friend; he has been putting off surgery for months. He said he’s gleaned a lot of information from your site already. A little over six months since surgery...no pain, no real issues. A bit of stiffness when carrying things up steps. An...
  2. Jan1956

    THR Depression...Surgery 7/2/18

    Something changed between week 6 and week 7. I started sleeping better at night. I was not nearly as tired. I stopped feeling like an invalid, and started feeling like me! Today makes 8 weeks since surgery. I no longer think about it; it’s like it happened years ago. (Yes, Layla and...
  3. Jan1956

    THR Depression...Surgery 7/2/18

    Had been taking Tramadol to help me sleep at night. Decided last night that it was time to stop. Weird, disjointed dreams, difficulty getting back to sleep, woke up this morning feeling like I hadn’t slept in weeks. No energy. Felt crappy all day, kind of like I did the week after surgery. I...
  4. Jan1956

    THR Depression...Surgery 7/2/18

    Recovery seems to be different for everyone. From what you’ve written, you indicated you’re having your other hip done in a couple of weeks. (So far) I’m fortunate in that my other hip is fine. That makes a big difference in recovery. It’s not a race. Your PT will give you more to do when...
  5. Jan1956

    THR Depression...Surgery 7/2/18

    Finally able to manage the stairs—both up and down, alternating feet— a couple of times yesterday and today. Still experiencing mind-numbing fatigue, however.
  6. Jan1956

    THR Depression...Surgery 7/2/18

    In some ways I’m moving forward with recovery. However, still having trouble with walking up steps, can’t quite squat, and lately, feeling absolutely fatigued. I’m trying to not overdo things, decided against “outpatient physical therapy” and instead have been doing water-exercise classes at...
  7. Jan1956

    Welcome to the July Sparklers' 2018 Hip Recovery Club

    Please include me—date of surgery July 2, 2018.
  8. Jan1956

    THR Depression...Surgery 7/2/18

    Steps...are not my friend. The automatic muscle-memory re: ascending/descending steps is gone. I find myself stopping and being forced to think about ‘what to do’ when I approach stairs. No longer using the cane, I find that I can manage going down with alternating feet, yet it feels...
  9. Jan1956

    THR Depression...Surgery 7/2/18

    There’s highs and lows...I’m so frustrated and impatient and tired of all of this. As for the surgery — it had to be done, we know that, but time is going so slowly...it’s like summer is being ‘wasted’ since I can’t do what I want. However, it’s not like we can change what’s happening...just...
  10. Jan1956

    THR Depression...Surgery 7/2/18

    Surprisingly good day! Out of the house and on the go for about 4 hours. Felt like myself for a bit. 3 weeks since surgery. Yesterday a good friend called—-she fractured her ankle. I told her that next week we’ll go to Walmart and each take a motorized cart and chase each other through the...
  11. Jan1956

    THR My hip hip hooray journey<

    I asked my physician whether one leg (the ‘bad’ one) was now longer than the other. Mine, yes, by 5 millimeters. He also told me that with a centimeter or a couple of centimeters he would recommend a lift in the other shoe, but 5 millimeters was something that I would gradually get used to...
  12. Jan1956

    THR Depression...Surgery 7/2/18

    “Gray” not “great”. Hate spellcheck.
  13. Jan1956

    THR Depression...Surgery 7/2/18

    Almost 3 weeks, and I am frustrated and just generally tired of this. (Ok, that’s my whine for today.) Cleaned/wiped-down the upstairs bathroom, and changed the shower curtain liner (which, disappointingly, turned out to be great, and not the ‘clear/translucent ‘ that I thought it was.)...
  14. Jan1956

    THR Depression...Surgery 7/2/18

    Miss me? Decided to quit whining for awhile. 19 days post—op. Kind of at a plateau. Doctor has cleared me to drive, return to the YMCA (water-walking classes) and do pretty much whatever I feel I can do. So, I’ve resumed my classes, driven, done a bit of shopping, grocery and otherwise...
  15. Jan1956

    THR Depression...Surgery 7/2/18

    I found this forum totally by chance (translation: I had never been on an on-line forum, and wasn’t looking for one). EVEN IF I were to discontinue right now (which I ‘m not), people on this forum have already helped me beyond expectations (helping me get through two of the most difficult...
Back
Top Bottom