Recent content by JamesUK

  1. JamesUK

    THR JamesUK's recovery

    And thank you to you both for keeping this forum ticking along and engaged. It really helped me, and I’m sure I speak for many people on here when I say I greatly appreciate it.
  2. JamesUK

    Why do people think you need to hear TKR horror stories??

    I’m going to flip this a little and say I experienced the opposite. Anyone that heard that I was having a hip replacement either had a relative or friends relative that apparently just jumped out of bed a few hours after their op and ran a marathon. One colleague decided to tell me stories about...
  3. JamesUK

    THR JamesUK's recovery

    Just a quick update. 6 months after my op, and I’ve turned so many corners. No pre-op pain, no post-op pain. The scar has faded a lot. I’m in the gym 5 days a week, and doing weight and cardio exercises with my legs. I’ve been careful though, and avoid running. I’ve also had heart surgery since...
  4. JamesUK

    THR Heterotopic ossification, not what I expected

    I’m really sorry that you’re going through this, and I hope that things get better.
  5. JamesUK

    THR 3 weeks post THR

    I'm 11 weeks after now, and I'd say from week 3 onwards the time has just flown by. It's different for everybody, but I went through a period of being very cautious. I didn't actually shower until the dressing was off, and used bed wipes (surprisingly I smelt OK). There is no schedule for...
  6. JamesUK

    Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

    Roughly 7.5 wk post total right hip replacement. Redness has gone down, not so warm as before. I’m hopeful that it’ll heal nicely. My bikini modelling career might be over though…
  7. JamesUK

    THR JamesUK's recovery

    I’m not in the Navy, but I love them to be honest. I spend most days in a hydro pool at the gym, so I’m bathing in chlorine (and they aren’t shy with how much they put in). Bleach, Chlorine, Dettoll… as long as you don’t put too much in, and you don’t mind smelling like cleaning products for an...
  8. JamesUK

    THR JamesUK's recovery

    I swear by Savlon… but in a bath? :loll:Dettol actually feels really nice when you get out. Ye you smell a little like a hospital ward, but considering how long I used body wipes in bed, I reckon it was well welcomed by my partner. Although… I can’t knock those wipes, they did a great job.
  9. JamesUK

    THR JamesUK's recovery

    Im sorry to hear that, and I know exactly how it feels. I think I mentioned that I called the nurses at least 6 times. Afterwards my GP explained to me that I needed a baseline pain relief and then morphine to catch the additional pain that cuts through. My problem seemed to be that I was that I...
  10. JamesUK

    THR Val’s Recovery

    The theory is that by ‘icing,’ you are essentially calming down the inflammation and resulting pain. The problem with is that inflammation is the healing process, so when you ICE, you actually slow your recovery down. That’s my limited understanding, but I’ve been told by medical professionals...
  11. JamesUK

    THR JamesUK's recovery

    6 weeks post op, I decided to take a Dettol bath today. Got in and out fine, had a long soak. The messages on bathing seem really inconsistent, but I really needed it. Don’t judge me on the Dettol bath… I had a colourful childhood
  12. JamesUK

    THR JamesUK's recovery

    Much appreciated, and sorry to hear that your recovery hasn’t gone as smoothly. Hope things improve for you! The more progress I make, the more I’m convinced that biting the bullet early was the right choice for me. Aside from the traditional ‘physical’ impact it was having on me, I’m sure that...
  13. JamesUK

    THR JamesUK's recovery

    I can see why they’d want to cover themselves from any backlash or complications, so being cautious but like you say, I’m moving around now, probably as much as before. I’m just going to be mindful if I’m sat or in bed to just get up and move around. And thank you… I was nervous, even put the...
  14. JamesUK

    THR JamesUK's recovery

    Well this is for another forum but I experienced a TIA in 2020, so I’m already on Clopidogrel blood thinners. I’ll be honest, I’ve stopped wearing the compression socks today, because I just managed 45 minutes of light exercise in the gym, I’m on blood thinners, and the time I’m spending in bed...
  15. JamesUK

    THR JamesUK's recovery

    Not at all, I don’t know if you noticed but I have written several mini essays, and some of them heavily under the influence of morphine, so I don’t dare to read them back lol! I think before this forum i felt pretty alone in my boredom and situation. All of the responses, including yours have...
Back
Top Bottom