Recent content by jakeleg

  1. J

    TKR Back with a question

    Well here I am in 2025 still singing the praises of Bonesmart which made a huge difference in my recovery. I have suggested looking at the content to a couple of TKRs. I am amazed at how cautious they are about trying something new. I would have let my PT person hurt me if I had not found...
  2. J

    TKR Back with a question

    I am wondering about slight numbness around knee and some in foot after 3 1/2 years TKR?
  3. J

    TKR Back with a question

    I am back after 2 years. No real complaints or pain; nice scar, etc. The easiest way to say this is: It feels like the skin on my knee is too tight. Crazy?? No problems with motion, steps or swelling. I even fell on it a year ago. Xray showed perfect alignment. This weird feeling of tight skin...
  4. J

    TKR Back with a question

    Back for a 6 month update. Saw my OS last week. Told him my annoyances and he said all is as it should be at 6 months. Still some inflammation, stiffness and numbness on the outside. That was encouraging, I guess. I'm still trying to be less impatient. I have found new ways to stretch while I'm...
  5. J

    TKR Back with a question

    Well, I'm back checking on the progress of others. What I read is we are still worrying and doing the best we can wherever we are in our recovery. I feel for the people who are struggling. I think I quit paying as much attention because I couldn't get definite answers about where I should be...
  6. J

    MUA 5 week failure<

    Robin, I can relate. I'm much older than you, but I'm my mind I'm still 16. This whole experience has been a shock. I am 5 months tomorrow, still some stiffness and swelling so bend not as far as it will be. All in all I am doing better because I've accepted that it's going to take at...
  7. J

    TKR Back with a question

    Thank you @SusieShoes and @ kneeper. I was talking to one of the RNs that I work with today. She reminded me--- "I told you that was a dumb idea to get on the NuStep". I've got to quit learning things the hard way. Some of my nerves are coming alive on the outside of my knee. Are those the...
  8. J

    TKR Back with a question

    @SusieShoes you have helped me a lot. I do worry about the stiffness. My quad is very tight, but I think my bend is good. The only way I can describe the stiffness is that my skin feels tight--sort of like I have on the tightest support stocking ever made. I talked to a nurse at work who...
  9. J

    TKR Back with a question

    Hello I'm at 19 weeks today. Haven't been here for a while because I've been trying to forget about my knee. I've been reading posts and tell myself I'm on track. My knee is stiff when I bend; still have the tightness; some swelling inside and out. Always more swelling after overdoing. I...
  10. J

    TKR Back with a question

    Just checking in to see all the new knee people. Reading about crying and despair-- I have noticed that when I tell people about the period of crying, despair and hopelessness, most of them look at me with faces that say "I have no idea what you're talking about". These are the people who have...
  11. J

    TKR Back with a question

    Have I been breaking a rule?
  12. J

    TKR Back with a question

    @SusieShoes I have dark spots near my ankle and lower calf where there was a lot of blood pooled after my surgery. Will this go away? Thanks
  13. J

    TKR Back with a question

    Hello, from Jakeleg. I'm 16 weeks today and I've been trying to forget about knees for a while. Happy to see Robin's progress. Praying things are getting better for Christina. I continue to tell people about this wonderful site. I'm working part time, icing and still don't know my ROM. I think...
  14. J

    TKR Back with a question

    Well, of course I couldn't stand it. Had to get an opinion from a woman that I am phone friends with. She works for my doctor. She had TKR in August. He did not do her surgery but he checks on her every day. Still swelling and stiffness. Talked about what happens when she overdoes it. Ok. I...
  15. J

    MUA 5 week failure<

    @Robinmhs88 I had those sharp pains. There is no way to be prepared for this. I will have to go back and read my posts to remember writing about everything that hurt or worried me. I'm almost 15 weeks and still very impatient. When people say I'm doing well I want to scream. Just because I...
Back
Top Bottom