Recent content by jak1

  1. J

    Jak1's recovery thread

    Ah Joe Thanku yep I'm worrying every daycoz it just goes on and on I hv been busier than usual we r leaving the Middle East for good so hv been clearing cupboards, I willsee if I can see doc tho just to see before I leave Thanku joe Sent from my iPhonerid=75543
  2. J

    Jak1's recovery thread

    Four months post op. Had pain every day! This week deep aches in thigh feels like Bone is in a clamp. And buttock pain again like I sitting on a brick. Anyone got any ideas what I should do Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  3. J

    THR Pain, Pain, Go Away

    Hi I was the same for first 12 weeks after op the groin pain was very bad, sharp pain causing me to limp very badly, I'm now 14 weeks post op and it's easing, still there but easing so I think we just have to do as everyone says and be patient, I was doing a lot of housework and think that made...
  4. J

    Jak1's recovery thread

    It's 14 weeks since my op I'm still really stiff when I get up to walk, still groin pain still pain in thigh and still limping. Very fed up! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  5. J

    THR Pain 14 months post LTHR

    Thank you for posting your update, you have made me feel a lot better, I am 11 weeks post op and feel all the same things as you, the getting up out of a chair is hardest, I have groin pain when I do that, muscle ache when walk to much so still use a crutch for long walks. But thank you you hv...
  6. J

    Jak1's recovery thread

    I certainly will thank you Sent from my iPhone
  7. J

    Jak1's recovery thread

    Ah thank you I will see about some physio as it's still very stiff can't keep down can't go up the stairs properly still doing it with right foot then left leg following, can go down stairs ok tho, I'm wondering if maybe doing the simple exercises I was given in hospital I should do thrm in the...
  8. J

    Jak1's recovery thread

    Ah Joe thank you, it's great to have support from others who have been there. Sent from my iPhone
  9. J

    Jak1's recovery thread

    Just thought I'd write an update. Nearly 11 weeks post op and still have groin pain. Still stiff muscles still limping! So not much of a change, really fed up now, don't think I'm ever going to be pain free. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  10. J

    Jak1's recovery thread

    I'm getting a bit fed up, I am getting better. But leg still stiff, pain in groin still there but not as bad, sharp pain across thigh if I bend too much, still limping a bit, all better than last week and week before etc....but is there anyone else out there who has had as slow a recovery as I...
  11. J

    Jak1's recovery thread

    Well done you! So glad you are doing well, walking the dog that's what I long to do! Just the normal daily stuff! I've hovered today but won't mop as it takes it out of me, but normal household chores done! Bathrooms, washing etc! So feeling almost back on track! My hip hurts when I've been...
  12. J

    Jak1's recovery thread

    Ah thank you! I'm getting there! Glad the doc was happy that made me feel better as I was worried I'd overdone it, will take meds for a while longer! Hope you are doing well Sam? X Sent from my iPhone
  13. J

    Jak1's recovery thread

    Well just wanted to let everyone know that I had my check up with doc today! 9.5 weeks post op, doc says he says it's all going ok! So why am I in pain? He says it's muscles and I need to rest up a bit more than I have been, but to live my life as normal! And take pain killers! What does anyone...
  14. J

    Jak1's recovery thread

    Thanku Jaycey, I think I just expected to be completely ok by now! I can stick the pain, it's moderate, I'm just more worried that I've caused damage or something has gone wrong! Coz my mum had the same op three yrs ago and has all kinds of problems! So I'm worried! I'll let you know how...
  15. J

    Jak1's recovery thread

    Well I do not know how I would manage without this site! Here I am asking questions again! 9 weeks after hip replacement, think my pains in buttock and groin are from overdoing it coz if I sit still all day the next day it eases! The swelling around the incision has finally gone down but now my...
Back
Top Bottom