Recent content by Jaceyduck

  1. J

    THR Pain at Seven Months Post Op

    Hi Golfer 67 and everyone else on Bonesmart, I had a conversation with my consultant yesterday and thankfully my blood tests showed no infection. I asked him what would happen if I did nothing with my hip acetabular cup and it’s slight loosening and he said that it wouldn’t be a Or lem leaving...
  2. J

    THR Pain at Seven Months Post Op

    Hi thanks for your I’ve only just had blood tests taken this morning so I have to wait a few days to find out if I also have an infection.
  3. J

    THR Pain at Seven Months Post Op

    Hi everyone, I’ve just returned home from seeing my consultant about ongoing pain in my hip from replacement 7 months ago. He took xrays of my hip and blood tests to rule out infection. The xrays have shown a problem with the cup of my hip and he said that once he rules out infection I might...
  4. J

    THR Pain at Seven Months Post Op

    Hi yes I’ve changed my shoes and am in new sketchers at moment which are very comfortable on my feet. I walk as much as I can but it restricted with the pain in my hip but I have a dog who needs a regular walk. I don’t really do any physical exercise just stretching exercises to try and ease the...
  5. J

    THR Pain at Seven Months Post Op

    Hi everyone I am looking for some advice. I had my right hip replaced about 7 months ago on 4/8/2021. I had a slow recovery and the pain when walking has never fully gone away but is better, than pre-op, however I saw my consultant about 6 weeks ago and explained I still had pain, but he said...
  6. J

    THR Pain at Seven Months Post Op

    Thanks Pumpkin, I just wish I could have an X-ray on my hip just to rule out any injury from the fall or anything from operation. I’ve only had one X-ray and that was just before leaving hospital after operation. Just can’t believe that I’ve still got this pain everyday still and that it’s worse...
  7. J

    THR Pain at Seven Months Post Op

    Hi everyone, just wondering what todo, I saw my surgeon last Friday (7weeks post op) I told him I still had pain when walking all the time and a limp and he checked me over but said my recovery was just taking a little longer and that he would see me in 2 months time, he said he would be...
  8. J

    THR Surgery 8/4/21 & 9/15/21

    Hi Lizzie good luck for a quick recovery from your 2nd hip replacement best wishes Julie
  9. J

    THR And now on the healing side...

    Good luck with your recovery subie2021 siunds like you’ve got excellent support.
  10. J

    THR Surgery 8/4/21 & 9/15/21

    Oh not long until your right hip, hope all goes well for you I’ll be looking out for your posts.
  11. J

    THR Surgery 8/4/21 & 9/15/21

    Hi Lizzie good news that you are walking without aids now. I know you had you THR the same day as me just wondered if you can weight bear on you operated leg without pain in your hip. I’m just concerned that I still have Pain on weight bearing. I see surgeon again in 2 weeks time so will ask him...
  12. J

    THR Surgery 8/4/21 & 9/15/21

    Thanks spex10, yes hopefully this will all become easier and life gets back to normal again.
  13. J

    THR Surgery 8/4/21 & 9/15/21

    Hi Lizzie, I had my THR also in 4th August and I am still waiting to feel better about it all. only yesterday I broke down in tears again about the very slow recovery I am having compared to other people. I am honestly in some pain all the time when on my feet not so much when I’m sitting down...
  14. J

    THR Pain at Seven Months Post Op

    Hi everyone, I’m still having stiffness and pain on weight bearing following my hip replacement so I’m trying out some of the exercises on YouTube for 4-6 weeks after surgery as well as those given to me at my physio session last week. One of the exercises was the clam where you lay on your non...
  15. J

    THR Sindy's Recovery Thread

    Hi Sindy I’m nearly 5 weeks after surgery and still having problems with pain on walking. I can’t weight bear on my operated side without pain in my hip. The physio who I saw last week told me to practice weight bearing on my operated side with my good leg off the ground but tried this and the...
Back
Top Bottom