Recent content by iwrite

  1. I

    THR 2nd THR, this time as a widow

    Yesterday I saw my OS. I am sprung from house arrest!! I am healing well, full weight-bearing, and able to drive. I need to use a cane if I find myself limping. So far, so good. Very, very excited!
  2. I

    THR 2nd THR, this time as a widow

    Jaycey, thank you so much for your good wishes for the New Year. I liked your wishes for a year of comfort and fond memories. It will certainly be a year for many "firsts." My pups just love to lie right up against me on the couch with one insisting on laying all 65 lbs across my lap. Someone...
  3. I

    THR 2nd THR, this time as a widow

    CaderaNueva, thanks for your kind thoughts. I hope your recovery is going well. I think knowing what to expect made this time a bit easier for me. Besides, complaining is no fun when there is no one there to hear it.
  4. I

    THR 2nd THR, this time as a widow

    Thanks for checking in, Jaycey. The holidays weren't too bad. I have heard they are one of the hard "anniversaries" to go through the first time. Recovering from surgery has kept me out of the hubbub of the holidays. Friends did invite me to a movie and dinner last night. It was nice to get out...
  5. I

    THR 2nd THR, this time as a widow

    My pups came home on Monday and so far so good. The walker seems to create a force field around me and they are staying back and not brushing up against me. Last night it felt so good to lay down on the couch and have the pups and my cat settle in around me. I didn't realize how much I missed...
  6. I

    THR 2nd THR, this time as a widow

    Jamie, this hip is progressing very well. I have no pain and am zipping around with a walker or crutches. Stair climbing is not an issue. I am surprised that I have absolutely no swelling in my foot or ankle, which I did experience last time. The only thing that I have is fatigue and nap each...
  7. I

    THR 2nd THR, this time as a widow

    My boys are 3 years old. They are brothers, but one is an "adult" and the other is still a "puppy." Obedience? Ha! I also have a 19 year old very arthritic cat here. Wish I could replace his hips!
  8. I

    THR 2nd THR, this time as a widow

    Jaycey, thanks for the support. Losing a friend is always tough. This time of year is tough enough being alone (note to self: plan trip for next Christmas), even without surgery. While friends are being great, they are still with their families and you are alone. Each day, though, I get at...
  9. I

    THR 2nd THR, this time as a widow

    I am 10 days out from a LTHR, 2 years to the day that I had my RTHR. The difference was that last time I had my teammate/husband to help me through. He died this fall following a 13 year battle with cancer. I held off on my hip replacement because I needed to be mobile to care for him. My...
  10. I

    THR New hip, December 10

    At 8 weeks. Started physical therapy yesterday to work on my gait and strengthen my right leg. I still have difficulty climbing steps normally rather than baby style. Therapy went really well. Learned my lesson from the posts here and didn't do anything that hurt or that felt beyond a...
  11. I

    THR New hip, December 10

    Only 5 degrees F/-15 C outside! Drove for the first time to my first session with the sports therapist. I got a new car during my recovery that everyone has driven, except me! Test drove it in the passenger seat only! Driving went well. The weather did not seem to affect my hip but was very...
  12. I

    THR New hip, December 10

    Tashia, thank you so much for checking in. I have not yet driven. I will drive for the first time tomorrow since I have an evening class to attend nearby. The cane is going great, so much so, that I find myself leaving it all over the house. I guess this is a good sign! I have started to walk...
  13. I

    THR New hip, December 10

    badgerfan, thanks for the cane information. I am trying to use the cane just for balance and not lean on it too much. Except for a few steps around a room, I feel that I need it for confidence right now. I want to try my first walk outdoors today.
  14. I

    THR New hip, December 10

    Had my 5 week check up yesterday. I was switched from crutches to a cane. Walking feels very strange now! Although my surgeon does not routinely order PT, I asked for a referral since I am a gym rat and need help going from here to there safely and progressively. I also got the go ahead to start...
  15. I

    THR It's over!!!!

    DebB., I am just a few days behind you. My THR was 10 Dec. I stopped Vicodin New Year's Eve so I could have champagne. I take 12 hour Alleve for discomfort and the rare Vicodin at night if I am very sore. I officially went back to work Jan 2, but I am able to do it at home as I am a college...
Back
Top Bottom