THR New hip, December 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] New hip, December 10
Really nice report. I'm liking the slow and easy!!! You keep following that BoneSmart philosophy, and things will continue to go very well for you. Getting out and being around folks you know is good for us---lets us get outside ourselves for a bit. Keep up the good work and keep us posted. We care.
[Bonesmart.org] New hip, December 10
 
Only 5 degrees F/-15 C outside! Drove for the first time to my first session with the sports therapist. I got a new car during my recovery that everyone has driven, except me! Test drove it in the passenger seat only! Driving went well. The weather did not seem to affect my hip but was very cautious in the parking lot which had blowing snow on it.

The session went very well. My muscles are so tight and my affected leg so weak. It is good to finally have a "plan" to full recovery.
 
I am almost 7 weeks post op and doing very well; walking now w /o cane and driving. I had ANTERIOR Approach incision, so no restrictions. My only "problem" is that I'm anxious to sleep on surgical side and it's somewhat uncomfortable. I can deal with that, but will I do any damage by lying on that side? Any "tricks"?.....like using pillow, etc. VERY VERY grateful to be w/o the terrible pre-op pain!
 
TRobin2737, I am 7 weeks today and i have been sleeping on my surgical side for short periods at a time. I can't do it as long as the non-surgical side but it will come. I use a regular pillow between my legs to keep my knees from crossing. I also have a thing called a knee pillow (bed, bath & beyond) which is alot smaller than a regular pillow that works great. Sometimes a regular pillow gets hot and in the way. Isn't it great to get rid of that nasty old hip and moving on with life.....
 
At 8 weeks.

Started physical therapy yesterday to work on my gait and strengthen my right leg. I still have difficulty climbing steps normally rather than baby style. Therapy went really well. Learned my lesson from the posts here and didn't do anything that hurt or that felt beyond a comfortable range of motion. Used ice several times today which I haven't used in weeks! Ha!

Otherwise things are going well.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom