Recent content by Itzdor

  1. Itzdor

    TKR I’m back! Knee this time.

    My surgery is scheduled for 12/01 and I have friends to help me. However, I am still vacillating about holding out until Spring. I really would like to have my daughter here to help me. I can recover at her house until I can come home on my own and they will take care of my dog. I am wearing a...
  2. Itzdor

    THR THR about 10 days away & so very anxious

    Yes, to all your questions! What happened to you was purely an unfortunate accident, upsetting for sure and not anything anyone ever would ever anticipate. 10 years of pain…enough, time to enjoy life again. I know, I’ve had both my hips done, one in 2010 and one in 2017 and it’s the...
  3. Itzdor

    TKR I’m back! Knee this time.

    I’m not sure if this is where I post an update… I tried the Cortizone shot, it lasted for 3 1/2 weeks, and I’ve tried the exercise strengthening routine with Physical Therapy, but now the doctor and I agree that I need a knee replacement. The constant pain is depressing and exhausting. I was...
  4. Itzdor

    TKR I’m back! Knee this time.

    Marie, my daughter will step in where needed and I have wonderful neighbors who will help with my dog, so I will be all set. Thank you for your reply and concern.
  5. Itzdor

    TKR I’m back! Knee this time.

    Thank you to everyone who commented and/or welcomed me. It’s so good to know that there are others out there who have gone through this and can give me advice. I have decided to use the same orthopedist who did my hips. I have checked with others who have done this and he comes quite highly...
  6. Itzdor

    TKR I’m back! Knee this time.

    Hi…again. You all helped me with my hip replacements in 2010 & 2017. Smartest moves I ever made. I just had an MRI done of my right knee and it shows: “anterior horn lateral meniscus tear” plus other technical verbiage around arthritis, I think. I’m reading the report from the radiologis and...
  7. Itzdor

    THR 9-10 Month New Issue

    Thank you for the replies. It eases my mind to know that some of you have experienced it too. Actually, while I was at the Chiropractor today (I'm having a neck issue,) I was asking him about it and he knew what it was and explained it to me. He worked some of his magic and it's been fine since...
  8. Itzdor

    THR 9-10 Month New Issue

    I had a THR of my right hip, last March. For about a month now, I will get occasional/frequent, quick, sudden, electrical shocks-type zings, deep inside my right buttock. It's always in the same spot, I can't relate it to any movement, it seems to come out of nowhere. It is quick, but ouchy and...
  9. Itzdor

    Back again for RTHR - Mako robotic THR anyone?

    Week 13... I'm still hurting and using my cane. The pain is "high" groin pain which radiates around to my hip, some thigh pain that radiates down into my knee. Sometimes I'm great and sometimes this comes out of nowhere. It's very frustrating and discouraging...anyone else experiencing this?
  10. Itzdor

    THR Recovery Thread Surgery Feb 24, 2017

    Sonar queen, I am holding on to what you posted. I am at week eight, and it seems to be improving more these days. The setbacks have thrown me, so reading the experiences of others gives me encouragement. I have one more PT appointment and then that's enough for me and I see my surgeon next...
  11. Itzdor

    Back again for RTHR - Mako robotic THR anyone?

    Josephine, the most upsetting statement I read is "FDA is strengthening an existing warning in prescription drug labels and over-the-counter (OTC) Drug Facts labels to indicate that nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) can increase the chance of a heart attack or stroke, either of which...
  12. Itzdor

    Back again for RTHR - Mako robotic THR anyone?

    Thank you, Jacey. I have stopped taking it and am just using Tylenol and Tumeric. It has always been my preference for a headache or any other aches and pains and during my last hip replacement. i will discuss with my doctor when I see him. I will be at eight weeks on Monday and see him again...
  13. Itzdor

    Back again for RTHR - Mako robotic THR anyone?

    I have read several articles in the news lately about the dangers of Ibuprofen and find them most concerning. My surgery was in March and since going off opioids I have been on large doses of Tylenol and Ibuprophen throughout the day. I need Josephine's opinion/advice, please. This is just one...
  14. Itzdor

    THR I'm Back After LTHR 02 May

    Good for you. I will be at 8 weeks on Monday. I had my THR (right) on 3/20, my left one was done 5/25/10. This time I am not doing any exercises that hurt and I'm staying on top of my pain. I forgot about that second part two weeks ago, but the good folks on here suggested that perhaps my...
  15. Itzdor

    THR Recovery Thread Surgery Feb 24, 2017

    It will be eight weeks for me on Monday and I feel I just turned a corner this past week. It would seem you are really only at seven weeks, because for three weeks you couldn't do anything. So, have courage. I was discouraged too last week and came here for understanding and found it. I have...
Back
Top Bottom