Recent content by IndigoKnee

  1. I

    THR Hip replacement March 22

    Thank you all for your understanding and support. :console2: People that have been through surgery really 'get it' much more than friends or family do, however well meaning. And a lot more than Drs seem to!
  2. I

    THR Hip replacement March 22

    @Layla Thanks for your ongoing support and encouragement. I think that you are correct about the soft tissue, ligaments and tendons being pulled about during surgery plus of course I did damage to those when I fell. No arthritis in the knee as it was replaced nearly three years ago. Also I...
  3. I

    THR Hip replacement March 22

    Hi everyone, Little update. Its now 8 months since I had my accident, fractured the neck of femur and had a hip replacement. The hip is pretty good but I still have pain and lack of movement in the knee (same side) and have a strange gait. I saw the physio 4 weeks ago and told her the main...
  4. I

    TKR Second time around. Knee #2

    Good luck Loulou for tomorrow. Hope all goes well.
  5. I

    THR Hip replacement March 22

    I will take it slowly @Jamie. Need to do something to loosen up the quads as that tightness is causing a lot of pain in the knee.
  6. I

    THR Hip replacement March 22

    Thanks @Deni444 I'll try this.
  7. I

    THR Hip replacement March 22

    I went to see the physio today to discuss exercises to stretch the quads and adductors following my appointment with Mr K the knee surgeon. The one she suggested for the quads felt scary and although I tried it my knee was really painful without feeling any stretch of the quads. It was: hold...
  8. I

    TKR Hello Everyone - First time knee replacement patient here : )

    Hi Margot, looking back at my notes from having my knee done in 2023 there are quite a lot of days where I wrote 'feeling down and tired today' It did gradually get better and little steps forward like walking, using crutches, to my village coffee shop (only a 10 minute walk) to have coffee...
  9. I

    THR A Matching Pair of Hips! RTHR

    My council send occasional emails of whats new and just after I got home from the hip surgery I had one saying they were now offering these classes (nothing to do with my surgery) at the leisure centre starting in 6 weeks. I sent a message to the organisers, iCareiMove, but they very sensibly...
  10. I

    THR A Matching Pair of Hips! RTHR

    Well done Deni! I had indoor exercises yesterday as it was horrible here, high winds and pouring down. I do a weekly online course set up by the local council for people who have fallen and fractured a bone to build strength and balance. :walking:
  11. I

    Anxiety setting in……

    Hi Loulou I think it’s very normal to feel apprehensive. When I had my knee replacement surgery in 2023 I was literally shaking with fear the night before but certainly have no regrets about having it done. My hip replacement was the result of a fracture so there was no decision to be made...
  12. I

    THR A Matching Pair of Hips! RTHR

    Oh no! Let us all know when you hear back. On the dentist note, I too am very nervous at the dentist and needed sedation for an extraction. I found a very calming dentist who isn’t the closest and is more expensive than most but he is brilliant and really understanding.
  13. I

    THR A Matching Pair of Hips! RTHR

    My wound was closed with stitches. I wonder if sometimes it’s down to what a particular surgeon prefers? I agree that it is always sensible to question if you are unsure about something or want to check they have correct information about you. As long as it is done politely then it should be...
  14. I

    THR Hip number 2

    I also have naturally low blood pressure and mine tends to drop further if in pain or dehydrated so after having my hip surgery, and the previous knee replacement, that was a tick of both those causes. I suggest that you try and drink as much as possible as that may help. Other than that you...
  15. I

    THR A Matching Pair of Hips! RTHR

    Amazing that the wound isn’t painful to sit on. If I every have to have any other surgery maybe I'll ask them to scrape it and see if it feels better afterwards……or maybe not! You have such a positive attitude, well done and excellent that you walked 2000 steps.
Back
Top Bottom