Recent content by impossibledone

  1. impossibledone

    TKR Righty Tighty

    I haven't checked in for a while & thought I would post an update. 7 months plus and all is well. Flex continues to improve havent measured it but it's probably 130-135, don't know if I will ever get to full contact calf to hamstring like the original equipment knee but I don't doubt I will...
  2. impossibledone

    TKR Righty Tighty

    The insomnia answer is BEER! :martini:Had 2 ales last night & slept like a log.
  3. impossibledone

    TKR Righty Tighty

    The OS said the noise and is scar tissue on the tendons above the knee and it will break down over time with use. The answer is to keep moving and it does seem to getting less pronounced. I still have pains that feel as if they are in the bones, not the soft tissue mostly when still. I'm still...
  4. impossibledone

    TKR Righty Tighty

    8 weeks tomorrow function continues to improve but pain has been greater. Doing as little as I can after last Wednesday's experience. There is now a lot of popping and clunking, I suspect it is scar tissue. The second follow up is 3 months from the first (June 9th). I am wondering if I should...
  5. impossibledone

    PKR JennyLynne- On the other side!

    I also have a high bed, I did not try to use the bed for a week or two. I camped out in my comfy recliner. I am guessing that most people use a recliner or make a comfy nest on a couch. I used pillows to elevate the leg and packed myself in with more pillows. Every thread I've read that...
  6. impossibledone

    TKR Righty Tighty

    7 weeks the knee is doing very well, but I've been having trouble sleeping. I went to see Phil my doc yesterday at 9:30 & he gave me something to help me sleep. I suspect the insomnia has something to do with the weight loss & diet change. I was having abdominal pain & thought I just needed...
  7. impossibledone

    TKR Righty Tighty

    It's only a Triplex, and yes I will take breaks.
  8. impossibledone

    TKR Righty Tighty

    I no longer wear the big S on my chest, that activity was over 4-5 days. Sometimes I push it like that, but I pay for it. I'm on full VA disability for a reason I can still do most anything I put my mind to but things happen very slowly in my world. Exactly 6 weeks today 120 flex, 4 extension...
  9. impossibledone

    TKR Righty Tighty

    1 month 2 Days: I've been busy, more light work ie. rebuild the truck steering column, build/upgrade a few computers, showing the apartment & various other things, all very tiring because of all the back & forth from one garage to another, house to workshop etc... Back & forth & Forth & back...
  10. impossibledone

    Can't believe I'm finally gonna do it!!

    I am noticing how young so many of you are. I destroyed my knee at 24 in a motorcycle accident and have lived a partial life since. I can't help wondering how much better my life would have been if I had done something sooner. I hope for a great outcome for all of you who have had to live a...
  11. impossibledone

    TKR Righty Tighty

    I'mm Baack! 3 weeks, 3 days. I've been both lazy and busy since my last post. I stayed on the oxycodone for most of the first 2 weeks then started to reduce dosage and increase time. As of yesterday I am only taking it before bed to help me sleep better. I still wake up every time i turn over...
  12. impossibledone

    TKR Righty Tighty

    Continued from above: Still trying to keep the story together, I was editing my first post but it won't let me edit again. An hour later he started asking when he was going to surgery, why his wife wasn't there & various other strange questions. The rest of the night passed very slowly and...
  13. impossibledone

    TKR Righty Tighty

    Finally here is my recovery thread. I wanted to move my pre op thread over or tie it recovery so my story would continuous and congruous. Because of the excellent pain cocktails, it took me so long to figure out that I have probably forgotten most of it. A link was the best I could do...
  14. impossibledone

    It's Time!

    I'm trying to understand the posting policy. I've read do not start a new post for recovery, but I can find no way to move my pre op post to recovery!
  15. impossibledone

    It's Time!

    I'm leaving for the hospital now. I guess I'm as ready as I'll ever be. They will evaluate my cold and send me home if they don't like it. I think they are mainly concerned about fluid in the lungs and obstructions. If I don't post again today it means it's on!
Back
Top Bottom