Recent content by imjustme62

  1. imjustme62

    TKR Fibular Head Pain, Stopping Recovery<

    Your positive attitude will help you so much! I didn't find that out until much later in my recovery.:yes: I too have a very low pain tolerance, but I didn't care what others thought or said. It's my body, my knee and I how it feels not what others think it 'should' feel like or be at as far as...
  2. imjustme62

    TKR Question About Using Heat

    :wowspring:Ok, so I'm doing such a happy dance right now! :egypdance::dancy::happydance:I got my bend on the wall (heel slides) to 113 and extension to 7 1/2:yay::yes!:
  3. imjustme62

    MUA Ruby's Tuesday--July 11th, 2017<

    The whole no pain no gain theory is rubbish! You tell him TO BACK OFF and NOT to touch you!:bignono::bignono::bignono: You are in charge not anyone else!:) :-) (::) :-) (: Honey, you are doing what is needed for your recovery. Rest is a great thing and your body needs it. You have to remember...
  4. imjustme62

    TKR Trying to stay positive

    The naps are important! It gives your body a chance to just calm itself and that knee of course. I too had sleepless nights and those naps were wonderful!:sleep: Good luck with your outpatient PT, I’m sure you’ll do an awesome job. It begins slow and don’t push it or let anyone else push you...
  5. imjustme62

    TKR Sleep is back - now for more recovery!

    The pain medication held me back from being social. It messed with my moods BIG time! After 2 weeks I was off of Narco totally as I couldn’t deal with the way it was making me feel. Plus the fact the RX was wrong and I was taking too much and couldn’t refill it! :loll::loll: I’ll be at 7 weeks...
  6. imjustme62

    TKR Milosnanna's Recovery Thread<

    Yup, that ‘tooth ache’ feeling is just a big part of it. Just keep icing and elevate your knee. About 6 weeks into this you’ll feel much better. I turned the corner about that time. Now, it’s all about my PT and getting that knee to bend and extend. You’ll make it! Just don’t give up and take...
  7. imjustme62

    TKR Pheebs52 Recovery Discovery Journey May 22

    :wowspring: These victories are so awesome! Now I’m really thinking about doing away with the raised toilet seat! My hubby put bars up, so I know I can get down and back up again! The other day at PT I did 10 minutes on the bike and pumped it up to a level 3. Felt good and I kept the RPM’s...
  8. imjustme62

    TKR Question About Using Heat

    I’ve been really working hard on bending and straightening my knee. It’s doing so much better now. I’ve learned the hard way it takes time and patients!
  9. imjustme62

    TKR Question About Using Heat

    So, all you TKR people out there, I have a strange question to ask and I hope you can understand what I'm talking about as it's a little hard to describe. So my knee feels different, not like the 'band' you might of felt soon after you began PT, but like something is about to happen. It almost...
  10. imjustme62

    TKR 4 Weeks Post Op

    Surrounding yourself with positive people is so important. I’m 5 weeks out now and I have no time for people who want to tell me what I should be feeling or doing. If you haven’t had this procedure, kindly deposit your negative comments into the toilet because that’s where I’m going to dump them...
  11. imjustme62

    TKR Question About Using Heat

    Yesterday at PT I did the wall slide, same as the heel slide, but on the wall I can do better for some reason. So I got to 109! YIPPEE! :yes!: I'm walking so much better now and to be honest feeling so much better!:flwrysmile:
  12. imjustme62

    TKR Question About Using Heat

    So, this chick is doing the happy dance right now!:happydance::happydance: I turned a corner yesterday and could (almost) straighten my knee completely! I’m so thankful right now and I can’t wait to show my therapist what happened over the weekend! Still not doing as well as I want with bending...
  13. imjustme62

    TKR Question About Using Heat

    You are so right sistersinhim, I have great help so it's fine to just let the house go and focus on the knee. :) :-) (: :rotfl: Pheebs, you crack me up! My mom says if I clean too much the dust bunnies will be homeless! :heehee: My hubby and son have been awesome to help me and I'm so blessed...
  14. imjustme62

    TKR Question About Using Heat

    Love the Boston accent Pheebs! That make me smile :giggle: Yes, my hubby watched the operation on YouTube and said no wonder you're hurting! :loll:I get it, I really do. I'm just not one for patients :hairpulling: Never have been actually....LOL I'm a total 'clean freak' and this is driving...
  15. imjustme62

    TKR Question About Using Heat

    I was told to take the Advil because of the swelling. Tylenol never has done much for me in the past. I can feel the love and support and I appreciate it so much as well as the useful information I’m finding on here. :loveshwr::loveshwr::loveshwr: I follow almost the same plan as you...
Back
Top Bottom