Recent content by icecoldtony

  1. icecoldtony

    Kneeling and its risks

    Hi everyone. I saw my surgeon a couple of weeks ago and one of the questions he asked me was if I was kneeling on my new knee. I told him that I had been kneeling on it occasionally. It feels really weird so I avoid kneeling on it if possible. He cautioned me not to kneel on any hard surfaces...
  2. icecoldtony

    Bilateral TKR I know this gets better, right?

    Hi Twinsanity, it will get better. Recovery is a long, slow and sometimes aggravating process. The main thing to remember is that it will get better. I admire you and all of those like you who have had both knees done at the same time. I barely made it with only one being replaced. That was...
  3. icecoldtony

    TKR It's been a year!

    Congrats on the one year. Isn't it amazing how good a knee can be. It can be so long since being able to go up stairs or just walk normally was a given that it seems a miracle to do it that way again. My right knee was so worn out that it was like walking on ice. If I stepped on a bump or a...
  4. icecoldtony

    TKR Calf numbness

    Nslater, I agree you should see a doc asap. I pray that it is something minor and all will be well soon. Hang in there. My prayers are with you.
  5. icecoldtony

    TKR Speedy2 Knee's First Birthday!

    Speedy I'm glad to see you are doing much better. I forgot to mention that one thing that seemed to make a big difference for me was an ice machine. Specifically the Donjoy iceman. For the first 8 weeks or so after my surgery I was using homemade ice bags to ice my knee. I used a combination of...
  6. icecoldtony

    TKR Nerve damage. Groin pain

    Hi Dollyq, be patient and it will come when it comes. I'm almost 4 months post op and I've been able to go up and down stairs normally for a while now. I'm not sure when exactly I was able to start going up stairs. I believe it was around 8 weeks. Going down the normal way took a while longer...
  7. icecoldtony

    TKR Speedy2 Knee's First Birthday!

    Hi Speedy, hang in there. It does get better but slowly. Very, very slowly. I'm almost 4 months past my surgery and things are so much better. My knee is not totally healed but it feels ten times better than before. If it were to stay at this stage I would be happy with the outcome of the...
  8. icecoldtony

    weightlifting and PKR

    Hey Gerry, glad to see your doing well with your PKR. It's good to see another weight lifter, gym rat on this site. I can relate to the small quad. I had RTKR 10 weeks ago and my right thigh looks like I had polio. I have been hitting the gym since my 6th week but the strength in my right leg is...
  9. icecoldtony

    PKR How much do you tell to someone considering surgery?

    I don't know if I'd have a BTKR or recommend anyone having one. Just having a RTKR was tough enough for me. I suppose if both my knees were terrible it might be preferable to get them both over at once but it seems too rough for me. When I got home from the hospital I depended so much on my good...
  10. icecoldtony

    TKR Four week progress report

    Hang in there Bill. Before I had my TKR I was thinking that after 4 weeks I'd be doing most, if not all, of the things I normally do. Wow was I wrong. When I was at 4 weeks it didn't seem much different than one week. For me the worst was the lack of sleep. I would sleep on my bed for a couple...
  11. icecoldtony

    TKR Finally

    I had to laugh when I read your last message. I saw my OS yesterday and overall he was happy with my knee's progress. I'm almost 5 weeks out. I had a slight infection in the incision and he has been seeing me weekly. Anyway he checked my ROM and he said I was about -5 and 110. He said I really...
  12. icecoldtony

    TKR Ten weeks !!!!

    Hi Tony, man I feel for you. I am almost 5 weeks out and my ROM really hasn't changed much since I got home from surgery. I'm about -10 extension and 105 to 110 flex. My surgeon tells me I'm doing fine for my stage of recovery but it is a little discouraging that it seems stuck. I was just...
  13. icecoldtony

    TKR 12 Days Post-Op

    Hi, I hope you are doing well. I see it's been 2 weeks since your surgery. Those first two weeks weren't much fun for me. I'm now almost to 5 weeks in and things are starting to get better for me. Every day since my surgery has been slightly better than the previous but when you're starting at...
  14. icecoldtony

    TKR Athlete has a new left knee

    I just came across your posts and I have to say I'm amazed. It took me a week to be able to raise my leg with the tkr. My PT would ask me to lift it and I would try and it was like it wasn't even there. Nothing. I could do everything else but leg lifts were impossible. Good luck!
  15. icecoldtony

    So can you run Jog after TKR or Not

    From the research I've done it appears that most knee failures are due to loosening of the joint not the joint wearing out. Since I'm only 3 weeks into recovery the pain is pretty intense at times. I don't think I want to do this again if I don't have to. I know as time goes on I'll forget about...
Back
Top Bottom