Recent content by Ian C

  1. I

    THR post hip replacement pain

    It’s 2 weeks now since I had a guided cortisone injection and no improvement
  2. I

    THR post hip replacement pain

    7 years after my revision surgery I have just had a cortisone injection in my right hip which will hopefully give me some pain relief from the Trochanteric bursitis I developed from the surgery and hopefully get my life back
  3. I

    THR post hip replacement pain

    Its now over 3 years since my revision surgery on my right hip but unfortunately still in constant pain , I was diagnosed with Trachontoric Bursitis shortly after the surgery, after a telephone consultation with my surgeon recently he said he will consider a cortisone injection but I can’t...
  4. I

    THR post hip replacement pain

    2 years post of after revision surgery still in constant pain a back on Tramadol, still got no answers of what is causing the pain , scar tissue, bursitis or nerve damage no one can give answers and feel things will NEVER improve
  5. I

    Revision THR Constant pain continuing 1 year after THR<^

    I had the same after my second hip replacement I had one leg 20mm longer until I got revision surgery on my first one less than 2 years after the first one , 2 years later still in a lot of pain due to scar tissue etc Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  6. I

    THR post hip replacement pain

    Its my surgical team who advised me they would not do a cortisone injection because of the risk of infection ,I think they will do it as a last resort but they avoid it if possible, I have found a private physiotherapist who has experience in hip replacement problems so hopefully see him next...
  7. I

    THR post hip replacement pain

    @Josephine you were spot on. I have Trochanteric bursitis and tendinopathy but unfortunately they can only offer me physio in about 4 months and they don't want to give me a cortisone injection and risk infection. Looks like I’ll just have to keep on icing and hope it settles down soon. In...
  8. I

    THR post hip replacement pain

    Thanks Layla Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  9. I

    THR post hip replacement pain

    Thanks Josephine hopefully get sorted in 2 weeks when I see my surgeon. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  10. I

    THR post hip replacement pain

    It around TR1F , which very top of my scar Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  11. I

    THR post hip replacement pain

    I am now 8 months post op after revision surgery on my right hip , since the op I have had muscle pain which has never improved in fact is getting worse, i am seeing my surgeon in a couple of weeks but I think I might have nerve damage but one thing I have noticed as I can feel a cyst like lump...
  12. I

    General or spinal and sedation?

    I have had 3 hip replacements all with spinals which is defiantly my recommendation, I was sedated with first one but the last 2 I was wide awake with the option of sedation at anytime, my last op in Wrightington hospital which was revision surgery I was in an operating theatre which had 5...
  13. I

    THR Dull ache after fall

    I'm back on my drum kit after a couple of years off after 3 hip replacements in under 2 years. I am 6 months post op from my last one which was revision on my right side and although I am still getting muscle pain playing is very therapeutic and still one of the few exercises I can do, good Good...
  14. I

    THR post hip replacement pain

    Hi Guys Hope everyone is doing ok and getting the treatment they deserve. I am now 6 months post op from my revision surgery and everything going well been off crutches and pain killers for about 8 weeks and now just need to build my muscles back up. I can’t say I am pain free as I am still...
  15. I

    THR post hip replacement pain

    [emoji1303][emoji1303]
Back
Top Bottom