Recent content by I’vegotthis!

  1. I

    THR Seeking Gluteus Maximus Tendon Transfer Advice

    hiya- yes sorry it was 23rd April! I did a search and couldn’t see anything but never mind.
  2. I

    THR Seeking Gluteus Maximus Tendon Transfer Advice

    Hi all, I hope everyone is well?…. I just thought I’d update my thread with my latest news. My pain and limp continued from my last post and resulted in me not being able to walk far without the use of two crutches. I had symptoms consistent with CRPS which are managed now by the use of...
  3. I

    Hip Infection* Don’t Give Up! - My long journey

    Hey @Up once again what a story and great to see you so positive after such experiences! I am approaching 3 and a half years since my accident and hip replacement and am still on crutches so to hear there was light at the end of your tunnel helps massively!!! Keep sharing your story and enjoy...
  4. I

    THR Seeking Gluteus Maximus Tendon Transfer Advice

    Thanks @Layla thought I’d added to my original feed sorry! Yeah please change it to maximus tendon transfer advice please. Thanks for your help and hopefully someone has heard of it.
  5. I

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Dynamic Hip Screw Right side hip.

    How are you @Divipops? I haven’t been on the forum for a while. Has your nerve pain subsided at all? How are you now?
  6. I

    THR Seeking Gluteus Maximus Tendon Transfer Advice

    Hi all, I am seeing if anyone has any knowledge or experience of maximus tendon transfer? It’s another operation I am potentially going to have due to ongoing abductor weakness. Any advice is appreciated
  7. I

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Dynamic Hip Screw Right side hip.

    Hi there again @Divipops - it’s so lovely to hear people doing so well isn’t it and I am so pleased for them as I know you will be too. However, I like yourself have suffered from an initial trauma which I agree makes recovery very different. I am waiting another mri and nerve conduction test as...
  8. I

    THR Seeking Gluteus Maximus Tendon Transfer Advice

    Not my surgeon but the physio who has seen it swell during treatment Ice and elevation It does help. The swelling is more after being on my feet for a long period of time or doing any new activity. The surgeon has said to try any form of exercise and to push through it- we haven’t really got...
  9. I

    THR Seeking Gluteus Maximus Tendon Transfer Advice

    Thank you for this advice. I have a meeting with the surgeon on 23rd Jan so will give it until then and discuss again.
  10. I

    THR Seeking Gluteus Maximus Tendon Transfer Advice

    I have also had shockwave therapy mentioned?
  11. I

    THR Seeking Gluteus Maximus Tendon Transfer Advice

    Aw it’s awful @Divipops to hear you are still struggling. I am learning you have to be quite forceful and demanding with both surgeon and physio! Everyone is different and you know your own body. Don’t just put up when there are options to try. If we had walked around in a water bubble...
  12. I

    THR Seeking Gluteus Maximus Tendon Transfer Advice

    How are you doing? Sounds like you’ve had a tough time too! Glad to hear the screw is still in place. Have they offered you anything for the nerve damage?
  13. I

    THR Seeking Gluteus Maximus Tendon Transfer Advice

    Happy New Year to all. Just reporting in and seeing how others are progressing too. I have had my Pregabalin increased to 50mg x twice a day and 100mg at bedtime but not really seeing any benefit to this to be honest. Anything more than 30 mins on crutches or 5 mins no support walking at home...
  14. I

    THR Seeking Gluteus Maximus Tendon Transfer Advice

    Thank you for you kind words @myglasshalffull @CricketHip. At least I still have my sense of humour! That they can’t take away ☺️. I am waiting on the surgeon coming back to me re a place at a hospital hydro pool but today have re joined my local hotel gym which has a small warm pool and a hot...
  15. I

    THR Seeking Gluteus Maximus Tendon Transfer Advice

    Good evening- please feel free to change my thread to winge bag, pest or still struggling! . I am massively struggling still after my 3rd operation. I have so much weakness after 2 years on crutches that I have limited range of movement on top of nerve pain which is relentless at night. I have...
Back
Top Bottom