Recent content by Hopeful7

  1. Hopeful7

    THR I'm done I'm done!!!

    @Jamie - you are absolutely right Jamie, it was too early for dancing at that stage and I did hurt for a few days after that. @Hoppy Nanny - how are you doing, dear?! I hope things have gotten better for you!! Has your LLD improved?! I totally agree that it's a slow and steady process...we need...
  2. Hopeful7

    THR I'm done I'm done!!!

    Hello, friends. I am now 6 weeks post op and wanted to ask you all if it is normal to still be experiencing pain and swelling in the hip and leg? I can't walk much without the pain coming back on (although I did go out dancing last weekend!!!! No worries, I did not over-do it!!! :happydance:) I...
  3. Hopeful7

    THR I'm done I'm done!!!

    @Jamie, thank you so much for your message. It really is heart-warming to know that there are others out there who care to listen and help. If it wasn't for this forum, I probably would have not known any better and would have taken everything my surgeon says as gospel. @Josephine - hehehe...
  4. Hopeful7

    Am I ready?

    Hi @ Dmcfad2, I think most of us, definitely including myself, felt anxious before the surgery. I too kept questioning myself as to whether I should put it off for another time. But, the bottom line is that our hips will not get any better with time. So if you have the time, means and energy to...
  5. Hopeful7

    1 hour to go

    Good luck to you, @paulcfc !!!! :yay: We'll be thinking of you and wishing you a swift and speedy surgery and recovery!!! Just take some deep breaths and relax, you will be fine!! :flwrysmile: We'll see you on the other side!! :dancy: ~Hopeful7
  6. Hopeful7

    Question about Anterior THR with computer assisted surgery

    @MajorHeidi - Hi Claire, they are actually lotus flowers! I'm not sure about your pain med question. The meds that I took were not to be taken with alcohol but hopefully one of the mods will be able to answer this for you.
  7. Hopeful7

    Question about Anterior THR with computer assisted surgery

    @MajorHeidi - Hi Claire. I would say that regardless of which approach you decide on, just make sure to find a surgeon who is well experienced and who you feel fully comfortable with. I think that's more important than the approach itself. I know that the anterior approach gets a lot of praise...
  8. Hopeful7

    Question about Anterior THR with computer assisted surgery

    @MajorHeidi - Hi Claire. I had my surgery almost 4 weeks ago and it was the computer assisted anterior approach. I don't know about the cost difference, but my surgery time was a normal duration - about 1.5 hours. I did have two additional wounds - one on the opposite hip and the knee of the...
  9. Hopeful7

    Shoes!

    @ kugelonthego - I wear slippers by Orthaheel and have found them to be very comfortable and supported. You might want to check out their shoe selection on amazon.com or their website to see if they have what you need: broken link removed: https://www.orthaheelusa.com/women.html ~Hopeful7
  10. Hopeful7

    THR Resurfacing

    @medic4355 - Best of luck to you!! You will be so relieved once the surgery is behind you and all that you will have to think about is recovery!!! Keep us posted! :thumb:
  11. Hopeful7

    THR I'm done I'm done!!!

    @drahdrah - Thank you for your reply. I'm so glad that your recovery is coming along well. You're absolutely right in what you've written and it feels so good to have it validated by another person who has gone through the process as well. I hope you continue doing well in your healing process...
  12. Hopeful7

    THR I'm done I'm done!!!

    Thank you, Sharon. I will definitely put it aside for now and let it heal with time. ~Hopeful :snows:
  13. Hopeful7

    THR I'm done I'm done!!!

    Good luck to you "M from NJ"!! Thank you for that information, Poppet. I agree that it is still early on in my recovery so I will listen to what my PT has to say. I guess surgeons don't know everything! :what: ~Hopeful
  14. Hopeful7

    THR I'm done I'm done!!!

    Thank you, Chrissie. Yes, I will give it time to sort itself out as much as possible. My surgeon is actually highly experienced and very renowned in my area so it surprises me that this has never happened to any one of his patients. He said he actually corrects other patients who have LLD from...
  15. Hopeful7

    THR I'm done I'm done!!!

    Hi all. Thank you for the replies. Today was really rough for me. So, I saw my surgeon today and he addressed my leg length difference, which is about 1/2". The first thing I said to him was how I have read that this is common after surgery and usually corrects itself over time. But, he was...
Back
Top Bottom