Recent content by hope4clay

  1. hope4clay

    Bilateral TKR done on Dec 2, 2016<

    hey everyone!! I am back and checking in!! its been 3 mos since i have checked in and I am doing ok, tired and still struggling but doing ok, I need to lose weight still and work is kickin my butt but I have been successful for the biggest part, thank you all for your help and coaching in the...
  2. hope4clay

    Bilateral TKR done on Dec 2, 2016<

    Thank you, I will do that and I wanna ask you all another thing, I do still experience midday fatigue over hardly anything, I mean its like I have a bad or nearly dead battery, haha, I came home after church, (we had a big lunch), but we did a couple of routine things outside that were really...
  3. hope4clay

    Bilateral TKR done on Dec 2, 2016<

    @KarriB and all you others that have comforted me along the way, THANK YOU, I will let you know how it goes, my fears are about to be faced head on, but I really think I will be fine, overweight, ladders and stairs, here we go, love you all, :-)
  4. hope4clay

    Bilateral TKR done on Dec 2, 2016<

    @lene, hey, thanks, yeah I am doing better, far from what id like but better, I walk with a cane most the time, I think Im gonna go back to work on april 3rd, im not ready but I think Im as good as i will get and I need the money, itll be a struggle but heck I mite as well go Im bored and I have...
  5. hope4clay

    Bilateral TKR Hard night

    Oh. P.s. concerning the blues. I could write a book on the issue. Its normal and seems overwhelming at times. When time seems to stand still just remember "this too will pass", much healing is occuring and the big picture you'll be better soon (in comparison to our length of life...
  6. hope4clay

    Bilateral TKR Hard night

    @gerilari good morning! This is all new. I know. I'm just ahead if you but on the other end at 3months. My advise is just go s l o w. Lol.. do what you can and be safe. This is a strange and unknown journey that is different for everyone. But trust me. You'll be fine. Ck in here often. Vent...
  7. hope4clay

    Bilateral TKR Hard night

    "sleep when you can" and be good to your self, glad your home and things have settled down, I had the opposite in the doodie area, I was constipated for 10 days, finally had to have an enima, narcotics will pack you up really bad, keep us posted with any thoughts concerns or questions, :-)
  8. hope4clay

    Bilateral TKR Hard night

    Keep letting us know how you are doing. I had both mine done back on December 2nd, so if I can help you with anything, please ask. It's really challenging at times but I really leaned on bonesmarties AND THEY HELPED ME a lot, bless you. Have patience and faith. I had to learn how to have that...
  9. hope4clay

    19 days from now I am having double TKR

    I'm at 13 weeks post op BTKR. and altho far from normal. I'm starting to see some light thru the tunnel. Man has this been a long road. good luck @BossK
  10. hope4clay

    Bilateral TKR Lene' two new knees

    THATS VERY encouraging, thanks, I have been having doubts about this slow heal and need to hear some good news, not many out there with Btkr as we had, (Im at 13 weeks yesterday) thanks and good luck
  11. hope4clay

    Bilateral TKR done on Dec 2, 2016<

    sadly, its the policy of my company, and to complicate, once the OS releases me (at my discretion), then I have to be cleared by the company doctor for a new D>O>T> clearance, once I pass that, I am considered "good to go", NO RESTRICTIONS they clear one as fit to drive a commercial vehicle, no...
  12. hope4clay

    Bilateral TKR done on Dec 2, 2016<

    no, besides what dr is gonna do that?...they are ready to let me go now, I told em i wasnt ready cause of all the HD work I have to do, otherwise id be there now, ..........besides! I have to pass a dot physical and THAT will mean I am good to do whatever they have so Im pretty much screwed, its...
  13. hope4clay

    Bilateral TKR done on Dec 2, 2016<

    Thanks. Yes I did get more tine off. I see my doc again end of march. I told em that's what I wanted..more time! I still struggle a lot. And I wish I could go back part time but our company is so stern. Its all or nothin.
  14. hope4clay

    Bilateral TKR done on Dec 2, 2016<

    how do I know when its time for me to go back to work and tackle the hard stuff that ive been leary about? such as climbing up and down the side of my semi truck (many times)? and doing umpteen #s of stairs per day, lifting and all kinds of repetitive things?
  15. hope4clay

    PKR 2 1/2 weeks out...

    5 weeks is really early and yes I believe its normal to have pain in your incision still. It'll lighten up with time. I'm 12 weeks friday and mine is better. Its just a slow process. Stay ahead of your pain. Take your meds and ice and elevate amap. :-)
Back
Top Bottom