Recent content by Hope2Ski

  1. Hope2Ski

    TKR Day 1 on left TKR

    I had an infection scare and it ended up being a hematoma under my incision. I got all my staples out and am still restricted to 75 percent weight bearing which is limiting my PT. I am up to 135 in flex ion and 0 degrees extension. Cutting back on pain meds during the day if I can but it...
  2. Hope2Ski

    TKR Day 1 on left TKR

    145/0, that seems like the perfect set of stats. Did you actively work on getting your leg out and strong? I do think it is counter productive to be flexing my quad when there are week old sutures running through the middle of it. 145/0 would put you in almost a full range of motion wouldn't...
  3. Hope2Ski

    TKR Day 1 on left TKR

    She said I have one of the stronger quads she has seen. Any assurance helps at this point. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  4. Hope2Ski

    TKR Day 1 on left TKR

    Thank you for the input guys. This sure does suck. Hopefully I can continue to progress with no more 2 hour procedures. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  5. Hope2Ski

    TKR Day 1 on left TKR

    The brace is actually a plate that is left over from a previous distal femoral osteotomy. The screws were stripped so they just left it. Went to third PT session today and man am I getting a lot of scar tissue. Getting stiffer and stiffer for full extension. They are putting my heal on a...
  6. Hope2Ski

    TKR Day 1 on left TKR

    Pain is def not gone, but swelling is here. Had a dressing change yesterday and got to see post op X-rays. It really feels like 1/2 step forward for 3 back. Frustrating to say the least. The staff assured me I would be thanking them a month from now. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  7. Hope2Ski

    TKR Day 1 on left TKR

    Mine was definitely not cemented. My doc insisted I go with press fit for bony I growth. My knee is huge today, day 3 post op. All I have done is rest and ice. I think it is just due to the trauma my knee incurred during the procedure. There is also quite a bit of bruising showing up today...
  8. Hope2Ski

    TKR Day 1 on left TKR

    Day 2 and I am home. We have landed on 20 mg of Norco every 4 hours, 10 mg oxy morning and night, and muscle relaxers every 8 hours. This am at pt I was 1 degree in extension and 110 in flex ion. My pt said that was very good. As today has went on it has gotten very swollen and I can't get...
  9. Hope2Ski

    TKR Day 1 on left TKR

    Anyone else had press fit can cemented? Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  10. Hope2Ski

    TKR Day 1 on left TKR

    TKR. Surgery was today at 11, spinal block, no intubation, light sedation. Block has worn off and pain is probably a 7-8 out of 10 every three hours. Already met with PT and I can move the knees in directions that I haven't in 7 years. That makes me excited, but not looking forward to the...
  11. Hope2Ski

    2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?

    Getting my Left knee replaced June 1 at one pm. 42 year old male, 2 kids, 4 and 2, and I have had 12 surgeries on my I left knee after a total tear of my lateral meniscus that was not repairable. I have had micro fracture, meniscal transplant followed by infection. Most recently 5 years ago I...
Back
Top Bottom