Recent content by HopAlong

  1. HopAlong

    2026 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?

    O.G. BoneSmart, Back from 2009 when I had a THR.... Now it's 10 days pre-op for my right knee "Aga" knee.
  2. HopAlong

    Day 2 and life is good!

    Oh, by the way.... Yesterday was my hip's first birthday!!!
  3. HopAlong

    Day 2 and life is good!

    You are truly amazing Peta! So many surgeries in such a short time, and you are always in good spirits. This is your last surgery though, You had enough... You are cut off now! Time to get strong and enjoy your pain-free life again! "Here's to no more pain!" :cockt: Hop
  4. HopAlong

    I'm Back, but, with new hip issues....

    Just wanted to say thanks.... Jo was right again! I didn't have any more sharp hip pain the past week as I am not as idle from the ankle recovery. (The ankle's still bleeding a little, but looks like its healing well). Soon Lola will be driving us to the park for our 2-mile walks again...
  5. HopAlong

    I'm Back, but, with new hip issues....

    Yes, it was Nick I was thinking of! I could not think of his name. I just remember months ago, he wrote a post that left me concerned, and then I was even more concerned that I didn't see him come back. Nick if you get this, please let us know you are okay! Yes PRGal..... I am...
  6. HopAlong

    I'm Back, but, with new hip issues....

    Thanks Pat, I have heard a lot about that silver, it sounds interesting. Do you all remember there was a gentleman on here (I can't remember his name), but he was very knowlegable on medical technology, and mentioned the silver also. I was just thinking of him before reading your post...
  7. HopAlong

    I'm Back, but, with new hip issues....

    It was a big snowy mess here in NJ all day, and I am hopping along again on a crutch around the house keeping the weight off the hip, so I will call the OS tomorrow. I was really hoping and praying you would say that Jo! Whew! I know you know your stuff, so I am sleeping better...
  8. HopAlong

    I'm Back, but, with new hip issues....

    Thanks for the quick responses! I know I can always count on you guys! Jamie, you must have ESP! I missed my last wound check appointment because of a snow storm, but I guess I should reschedule. I didn't know there was a blood test to check for infection.....thats great! I guess...
  9. HopAlong

    I'm Back, but, with new hip issues....

    Hi everyone I'm back, but not my usual cheerful self.... this time it's not just a social visit. For 11-months my new hip was recovering perfectly fine, until now. Yesterday and today I am getting a very sharp pain in the new hip when i put all my weight on that side. It's as bad...
  10. HopAlong

    Tomorrow is the day...

    Hi English Teacher! Since we all know what pre-op terror feels like, just knowing that everyone here is on your side, helps take some of the fear away. So take the BoneSmart family with you mentally tomorrow, and do not feel alone. After, it helps to share your experience with people who...
  11. HopAlong

    FDA: Warning for Tramadol and similar drugs

    SAM-e affects each person differently, because some people naturally produce it, and others are deficient. You will know how deficient you are in it by how great you feel when you take it. But it builds up in your system over time, so you might not feel the fulll effect until after 3 or 4...
  12. HopAlong

    Bad News

    I feel so bad that you have to go throught this. I remember you were getting your THR around the same time as me. Think positive thoughts, and everyone here will be praying for you and sending positive energy your way. Hop
  13. HopAlong

    report bugs or problems, please

    Re: report bugs or problems. please Jamie, AOL 10 is good if you have many email addresses, it keeps them all open at the same time so you can toggle back and from one email address to another with one click. (Even if they are others like gmail, yahoo, etc.) But sending mail out is not...
  14. HopAlong

    FDA: Warning for Tramadol and similar drugs

    I don't know how much of U.S. issues you follow, but last January, as soon as Obama took office, he received a letter from 21 FDA scientists asking him to look into the corruption. Weeks later the FDA laid them all off, and I don't know if they ever got their jobs back. It became a big...
  15. HopAlong

    FDA: Warning for Tramadol and similar drugs

    I was given tramadol before my THR, but refused to take it when i found out it was made by Pfizer, and that it works in the brain the same manor that Chantix (another Pfizer drug) does. Chantix demyelinated my nerves, and i was in severe nerve pain for 2 years. It also caused muscle and bone...
Back
Top Bottom