@CricketHip, so glad you are feeling great! And I get what you mean about the hiking. The other night at Zumba it occurred to me that that was the first time doing Zumba without even the tiniest bit of hip pain and it was great!
That's great about being almost back to a normal workload. I have...
Hi all!
I popped in briefly after my 2nd THR. It's been about 11 weeks now and I've been back to 'normal' life for about 5 weeks now. I just started working out again last week. I did Zumba every week since last Feb after my 1st THR(July 2014).
I'm happy to report I am taking care of my 4...
I have a question. When using my cane do I hold it on the same as the leg I had surgery on? I feel like that should be common knowledge but I'm just not sure. TIA
Julie
THR rt 25th July of 2014
THR lt 30th October of 2015
@Josephine Sorry! Newbie mistake I do see how that's easier. Thank you for merging my posts. And thank you for the links.
Julie
THR rt 25th July of 2014
THR lt 30th October of 2015
@DGrant Your attitude and outlook is awesome. Isn't isn't it crazy how much chronic pain changes you as a person? I'm a strong believer in modern medicine and specialists are a must! My 2 older boys had congenital heart defects and modern medicine has definitely been on our side, fixing both of...
Congrats @GimpyGal on your new hip! I suffer anxiety and it was off the charts before my surgery as well. I also woke up from anesthesia with a full blown panic attack. Awesome.
Glad your recovery is going well! And I switched from Norco to Tramadol so I can be present with my mind. Hope...
Glad you took a rest day! I slept from 10pm to 1030 this morning and just woke up from a nap. Husband asked if I was sick and I said No, I'm exhausted. Going to a movie and dinner tonight for my birthday, so that'll probably take all my energy.
Hope you had a good day!
Julie
THR rt 25th July...
Glad you are getting back to work and some normalcy.
I've been reading a lot and see almost everyone is getting PT. Is it odd that I don't have it? I didn't have it last time either except for in the hospital.
Julie
THR rt 25th July of 2014
THR lt 30th October of 2015
Hi all! I guess I'll start a recovery thread although I'm 3 weeks in already. I just found this amazing group yesterday. Boy could I have used you about a year ago.
I just had LTHR on October 30, 2015. I had congenital hip dysplasia. So far no real issues except I'm not getting to spend as much...
I almost wish I did both but I had zero pain in the left. The right was bone on bone and went through my last pregnancy like that. I had the THR 9 weeks postpartum. I'd had the pain for 2 years. My leg was 3/4" shorter than the other. I was amazed after surgery that that wretched pain was just...
@FocalHoney Glad you are feeling better! I had congenital hip dysplasia and just had my 2nd THR. I had the first one done about 15 mos ago. I'm 42 and 4 small kids. I had the same feelings of tightness and such after my first one done. I started exercising about 4 mos post op with low impact...
@DGrant: thanks so much for your kind words. I feel much better today and clear headed with the Tramadol. I slept amazing last night.
@MI Chickie: Thanks❤️ yes Wonder Woman would be accurate, as in I Wonder what in the heck I was thinking having 4 kids! Lol, I wouldn't change it for the world...
@sash I had a similar situation to yours and was without prescription pain meds for 2 days. I started having pains in my groin that were shooting pains. They reminded me of when I was pregnant and you get something similar we call 'lightening crotch' because it feels like a bolt of lightening...
@DGrant Gkad recovery is going well! Good job on your 5 steps with your cane. I finally got to drive today :)
All the way to the bus stop.
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
@Jamie Great info! Thanks. I just found this forum yesterday. Would've been helpful a year ago with my 1st THR, but glad I found it for this one.
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.