Recent content by hoosier78

  1. H

    THR Hoosier78's Recovery Thread

    LOL thank you @Layla and no foxes got me!. I am doing well. Took my first trip by plane over the Thanksgiving holiday and didn't set off the scanner on either end. I came home and got out my metal detector and ran it over my hip just to make sure there was something in there. It sounded off...
  2. H

    THR Hoosier78's Recovery Thread

    Also....I am amazed how minimal the scar is. Not that I was planning for the Speedo or anything but it looks more like a healed cat scratch LOL. I was dreading some Frankenstein looking thing.
  3. H

    THR Hoosier78's Recovery Thread

    Hi everyone! So, I had my 6 week follow-up on October 2. Doc says I am doing awesome and cleared me to do anything except high impact. Lawn finally cut and now the leaves are falling! I am back to work in Chicago - 1.5 hour ride each way from NWI on days I don't have PT but it's not bad. I...
  4. H

    THR Hoosier78's Recovery Thread

    It is hard to believe I am at day Day 25 post-op. I am off the pain med and am having a hard cider to celebrate. PT yesterday was fine. My PT agrees with my surgeon that my my main goal is to work on my gait. I have walked the wrong way for so long that even though I am almost totally pain...
  5. H

    THR Hoosier78's Recovery Thread

    I had my 3 week post-op visit yesterday. The doc says I am doing great and released me to start driving and says I can cut the lawn :) I will start outpatient PT on Monday next week. I am feeling great!
  6. H

    THR Hoosier78's Recovery Thread

    Thanks @deerhntr and @Layla - My home PT has me walking down to the mailbox and that is nice. PT and nurse both saying I should slow down a bit saying don't rush. @deerhntr thanks for your advice. Good to hear it firsthand.
  7. H

    THR Hoosier78's Recovery Thread

    Today it seems like my knee on the operated side is swelling. I am getting to ice the hip for the second time but has anyone had issues with the knee swelling?
  8. H

    THR Hoosier78's Recovery Thread

    Today I am grumpy. Anyone else get grumpy? Maybe I will share reasons later but instead I'll share something funny (I think it's funny). When I first scheduled the THR it as going to be on a Thursday (later changed to Friday) so I went and told my co-workers I was having the surgery on...
  9. H

    THR Hoosier78's Recovery Thread

    Hello folks. Well, it's finished. I have a new right hip! Sorry for the long commentary below. Got to hospital at 8am Friday, was prepared and received the epidural. That went just fine and soon I could feel nothing from waist down. Taken to the operating room where they gave me an IV with...
  10. H

    20 Days Out....A Few Questions

    Ok last pre-op post for good....in room about to crash. have already gotten up and moved around...just little weight on leg....doc says success and overall feel great though sure meds have something to do with that. PT starts in morning yippee.
  11. H

    20 Days Out....A Few Questions

    So I am now 13 hours away. I cut the lawn this morning before traveling to Chicago. Spending the night at hotel so we will be right there tomorrow morning and no cruise from Indiana. Not sure if cutting the lawn was wise LOL as I am aching now but in a few hours it won't matter. So, this is...
  12. H

    20 Days Out....A Few Questions

    Thanks @Layla and @dlp I'm sitting here drinking my coffee thinking a week from now I will be preparing for discharge with my new hip. Can't wait to begin living the good life again....
  13. H

    20 Days Out....A Few Questions

    I had my pre-op meeting last Thursday with the surgeon and staff and I am feeling good about having it done at this particular facility. I am starting to get minor heebie geebies regarding epidurals, IV's and catheters. They say the day of the surgery if I start getting scared they'll give me...
  14. H

    20 Days Out....A Few Questions

    Thanks @dlp I understand. I go thru the same when I get my Claritin-D.....
  15. H

    20 Days Out....A Few Questions

    Hi @hellysully - is celecoxcib an NSID? If so, I can't take :( and @Josephine , you were correct in "there IS nothing that will deal with arthritis pain". The Norco isn't helping at all - just making me not complain about the pain as much. And @dlp I believe you are spot on. I made mistake...
Back
Top Bottom