Recent content by Hoops68

  1. H

    THR Got my THR last week. Post Op now

    Nice recovery thus far Hopper. Nice and steady. Enjoy the new hip.
  2. H

    THR 10 years THR

    Hi all Long time since I have posted on the forum (maybe 5 years). I have just celebrated my 10 year anniversary of my THR of my left hip. Titanium rod with a ceramic ball and socket. I had the hip replaced when I was 42. I cannot believe the positive impact that my hip replacement has had on...
  3. H

    Back to work after THR

    I went back to work after 4 weeks. Whilst I was ok I definitely recommend 6 weeks. But of course not everyone can afford or is able to take that long off work. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  4. H

    Class of 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 Hippies

    Four years ago i had my hip replaced and I haven't looked back. It has been an amazing journey and my hip is going strong. I have been playing soccer (albiet a non-physical guys and gals comp); doing plenty of weights (squats; deadlifts etc); cycling 40 to 50km trips a couple of times a month...
  5. H

    THR On the road to full recovery...

    Hi dba, Congratulations on your new hip. It is a wonderful feeling not having the pain that you felt prior to your operation. Believe me that it only gets better and better. Good luck with your recovery.
  6. H

    Class of 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 Hippies

    Hi all, Sorry I have missed this thread as well. It has been over 15 months since my operation and I can't believe how good it has been. These days I honestly never even think about my hip, that is how good it is. I have zero pain and I mean zilch, nada, nothing. It is amazing. Prior to the...
  7. H

    THR DallasSarah post op update!

    Congratulations Sarah on the first anniversary of your new hip. Sounds like it is all going well and has made a huge difference to your quality of life. Merry Christmas and enjoy the new year. Miles looks like a good watch dog.
  8. H

    THR Three weeks tomorrow, not bad!

    Congratulations. Believe me it only gets better and better. Being pain free is wonderful and being able to even the simplest of things that you couldn't do pre-op is amazing. Little pleasures such as shopping, gardening etc become wonderful experiences again. Enjoy the ride and hope you continue...
  9. H

    So Scared!

    Hi Kelsey, It is human nature for us to be scared. It is a big operation and of course one always feels apprehensive making such a big decision. For me it was an easy decision to make due to the me being relatively young with a lot of life to live. You also have many years left on this planet...
  10. H

    18 Days Out .. Ready to Live Pain Free

    Good luck Cal. It is a journey definitely worth taking. You won't know yourself once you are recovered.
  11. H

    I Don't Believe This!!!

    That is great news. Believe me it is one of the best decisions you will ever make. Good luck.
  12. H

    THR On the other side in Seattle.

    John, Good to hear you are feeling better. Stay positive and strong as you will definitely see improvement in the near future. Cheers Hoops
  13. H

    THR We can re-build him...

    Hi Charlie, Sorry to hear about your set back. Stay positive and strong and you will be back to where you were in no time. cheers Hoops
  14. H

    THR Z's Postop thread

    Re: Z Postop thread Z that is a great recovery video. Day 12 you are doing extremely well. Congratulations.
  15. H

    THR Rick's Recovery Thread - Now A View from the Clouds (literally)!

    Re: Out of work question? Hi there Rick, I have been back at work a couple of days now and whilst it is manageable I would highly recommend taking as much time as possible to recover before going back. It has been one month since my op and at the moment work is not too busy so I have plently...
Back
Top Bottom