Recent content by Holly

  1. Holly

    THR 48hrs and BEYOND.....

    Great to read your post, this is all ahead of me, feeling better following your story. Holly
  2. Holly

    THR Early Christmas Present - New Right Hip

    It is great to read your progress report, I have this all ahead of me, I am quite fit and active and hopefully this will help my recovery. You seemed to be back in work quite soon, did you feel strong enough to go back to work at 4 weeks and could you do it without crutches or a cane. How...
  3. Holly

    Hip Bone Spur

    I heard a guy say that he knew somebody that could do the box splits after recovering from a hip replacement, is this possible???????????????
  4. Holly

    Hip Bone Spur

  5. Holly

    Hip Bone Spur

    Hi Candice, we get a lot of rain, but our summers from June to August are around 20 to 25 degrees c. Good for the joints. It is our St Patricks Day celebration today, so the country is gone green and about 12 degrees c with plenty of sunshine. Holly
  6. Holly

    Hip Bone Spur

    Thank you. :flwrysmile:
  7. Holly

    Hip Bone Spur

    :loll:Many thanks for all your replies, it has really put my mind at rest. It is my birthday today and feeling quite upset that I could end up not doing the things I love, but you have all cheered me up. My walk with the dogs was not too bad this morning on my hip and I am now heading out on...
  8. Holly

    Hip Bone Spur

    Thanks Thank you, I am am going to get a second opinion, I can walk for about 30 minutes and then I feel the pain in my hip, it eases off when I stop. I am more worried about the flexibility you are left with after a hip replacement as I have good flexibility at the moment. I heard that...
  9. Holly

    Hip Bone Spur

    Thanks Toddlemom, just wondering how your recovery is going, I presume you have a forum on your recovery set up, looking forward to following it. Best of luck. Holly
  10. Holly

    Hip Bone Spur

    I was back to see the surgeon and I do not have a bone spur but do have arthritis in the hip. I am not in a lot of pain, but get sharp pains on some movement, after walking for half an hour it get sore and weak, hard to take weight on the leg. He recommended an injection into the hip for pain...
  11. Holly

    Hip resurfacing vs. hip replacement

    Hi all, I went to see my surgeon recently as it was thought that I had a bone spur in my hip, I did not have a bone spur but have arthritis in the hip, he said he could give me an injection for pain but eventually will need a hip replacement. I was shocked, how do you know if resurfacing would...
  12. Holly

    Hip Bone Spur

    Hi Josephine, I hurt my groin last September during training, I went to the physio and he said it was a muscle tear, so was happy enough with that and expected it to improve. I had some weakness in my leg which the physio said was my stabiliser was just weak but no problems. I don't have any...
  13. Holly

    Hip Bone Spur

    Thank you Jaycey
  14. Holly

    Hip Bone Spur

    Thanks for the reassurance, I was starting to panic a bit, but as you said I will wait to see my Doctor and get the MRI etc and hopefully it will be more straight forward. I am walking, cycling and exercising ok, so will keep this up to keep the movement and keep my mind at rest. Will let you...
  15. Holly

    Hip Bone Spur

    Thanks for your reply, is a labral tear a muscle tear. 6 six weeks on crutches seems a long time, I thought it would be minor surgery. I am awaiting to see the surgeon, not sure yet if it is a bone spur, just catches me when I move a certain way other than that no pain. Holly
Back
Top Bottom