Recent content by hokieminer

  1. H

    THR Shrinkette Has Arrived!

    I had the same numbness and lack of movement in my foot and leg. It was caused by a local anesthesia which was used in addition to general anesthesia. Numbness wore off suddenly at about 18 hours post op and I regained movement in my foot.
  2. H

    THR New hip today!

    Update - Today is day 3 of my new hip. I had very little pain to start with but let it catch up with me and a lot of pain last night. Taking pain meds on a regular basis since last night and feeling better. But not as good as day 1 or 2. Discharged from the hospital on day 2. Very good care...
  3. H

    THR New hip today!

    Feeling good today. Walking with aid of walker. A little sore when walking but not bad. Will probably be discharged from the hospital later today. Praise The Lord for a good surgery and good post op so far. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
  4. H

    THR New hip today!

    It's done. I had a right hip replacement this morning 12-5-13. Now at 12 hours post op, I feel good and very little pain. Using a walker, I walked to the restroom twice tonight. Surprised at how weak this leg feels. Also a lot of numbness in the foot which is attributed to a local anesthesia...
  5. H

    2013 December SuperNovas - Are you having hip surgery in December?

    Doupie, my THR is scheduled for 7:30 AM EST on Dec 5. Direct anterior on my right hip. So I guess I'll be finished when you go in. Best wishes and God bless. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
  6. H

    Brand new here and a nervous wreck

    Did the doctor recommend a specific type of implant or did he give you options and let you make the choice? For me he recommended either ceramic on plastic or ceramic on ceramic but left it to me to decide. I'm leaning toward ceramic on ceramic due to its longevity. What type did you receive...
  7. H

    Question regarding type of Implant

    I'm leaning toward ceramic on ceramic due to its very low wear rate. Am concerned with potential noise or squeaking. Read somewhere that its installation requires greater precision than other types and that even a slight misalignment can lead to noise issues. With the polyethelene, concerned...
  8. H

    Brand new here and a nervous wreck

    Bionicmedic, thanks for sharing about your experience. I hope you get things straightened out with your meds and best wishes for a good recovery. I wondered if you were released and traveled home the next day after surgery? How was the ride home? I likewise will have a 4-hour ride to my home...
  9. H

    Question regarding type of Implant

    I am scheduled for a THR on Dec 5, 2013. My doctor has recommended either ceramic on polyethelene or ceramic on ceramic, saying it's a toss-up for either. I've read the pros and cons with each. I'm a male in my mid 50's and am physically active, golf, walking, hiking, and hope to even run/jog...
  10. H

    Brand new here and a nervous wreck

    bionicmedic I am scheduled for a THR by Dr Kurtz in December. He gave me the option of either the direct anterior or the superpath procedure. Which did you have? Was your THR done by Dr Kurtz? Hope you're doing well.
  11. H

    THR For those who REALLY want to run or jog or similar ......

    Z, I was surprised that you can never run on roads again. Is this based on your doctors advice or your own personal experience? I am scheduled for a THR next month and my doctor encouraged running after my recovery. He said nothing about restricting it to off road only. Sent from my iPhone...
Back
Top Bottom