Congrats on driving and feeling like getting back to work! We had surgery around the same time and seem to be at similar places in our recovery.
Perhaps you can get some insight from my mistake-I went back to work this week (I work from home) and overdid it the first day bc I wasn't good about...
Well I have been waiting for the other shoe to drop and it did last night. Not from PT but I went back to work yesterday. Luckily I work remotely (from home) and I intended to go back part time (4 hours a day) this week. I am on the East coast and my company is on the West coast, however, and...
Thanks for the response and the feedback @sistersinhim.
To clarify I am trying to build up my quad muscles, not my knee. I worked on building my quads up prior to surgery, and I've lost a lot of that muscle tone already.
I am very careful about not hurting my knee. There are a few...
Thanks for the response @kneeper! Last night I actually got almost almost 8 hours of sleep, I could not believe it! From 10pm to 6am.
I am exactly a month out (and a day). From reading other's accounts I feel like I am doing well, my flexion is 130* and the other way is -10* and my...
Thanks for the response @Josephine! I've highlighted your questions / comments and answered / replied individually below.
It is very odd to read that. I wonder if the ages are different in the US? I was just having a conversation with two guys in a waiting room about this topic, both were...
Regarding Pain Management
I saw my pain pain mgmt dr earlier this week, and I got a lecture about how they like to have everyone on pre-op pain mgmt levels (of opiates) within 3-4 weeks. I had already done what I thought was a good job of reducing my med intake but they were not happy about...
I am up at 6 again, after getting up at 4 and taking Tylenol, and I wanted to reply just to empathize With your challenges re pain mgmt. (your thread prompted me to update my recovery thread so as to not fill up yours with my issues :) :-) (:).
Re physical therapy - I agree with others, that...
Hi Tami - our knees are "twins" - we had surgery the same day, I had a left TKR!
I hope your nausea is getting better. This process is definitely two steps forward and one step back for me, too, although I can't really complain as overall I'm going in the right direction.
Hello all! I'm four weeks out (today) from a left TKR. I've started this post about 17 times and never submitted it, hopefully tonight will be different. I have gotten a great deal of information / perspective reading about everyone else's journey and I feel like it's only fair to share...
My surgery was moved to this Friday, Sept 15 (moved from last week due to the hurricane). I'm hoping it's still a go, the hospital I am at has not started their surgeries back up yet (Wednesday).
I have been reading the forum for a while but not posting. Have brrowsed through the recommended articles- a lot of great information!
Had my preop appt today so I guess it is real - I'm going under the knife Sept 8 for a left TKR. I'm encouraged by some of the stories I've seen on here of...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.