Recent content by Hipster2016

  1. H

    THR Hipster2016 is on the other side

    Another anecdote about my little guy, for those of you worried about your little ones helping out post-op: My husband went to the cinema last night, a much needed break from his house chores. As we got ready for bed, my little guy asked me how I was going to get in bed without daddy there to...
  2. H

    THR Yeahhh I'm Finally Here On The Other Side

    Sorry for the bad night of sleep, @catwoman55. Almost two weeks out and I still haven't had a solid night of sleep, although some have been much better than others. I've tinkered with pain pill timing, pillows, bed versus couch. What has worked best for me is to just accept that it is going to...
  3. H

    Considering a walking stick...a big step...

    Very snazzy, @dandy_candi. Like you, I have suffered most of my life from arthritis pain (although I am about 20 years older...slow learner). I resisted any assistance items until right before the surgery. Somehow being able to put on my own socks, even if it made me nauseous, meant I was...
  4. H

    All Clear and Ready To Go!

    Too true, @Cynthia777! I came back from a bathroom run to find the brush and paste, figured it was a hint! :snork: They actually offered me depends-type disposable underwear, in case I was slow getting up, but it felt better to wear my own, you know? I would bring several pair...it took me a...
  5. H

    Considering a walking stick...a big step...

    @dandy_candi, I ditto @Sagefemme's advice about a walking stick. I refused to use a cane pre-surgery, and now it is taking me even long to ditch the limp. Had I ditched my pride, I wouldn't be dealing with the messed up gait.... But I still hate the cane. So I found a super cool collapsible...
  6. H

    All Clear and Ready To Go!

    Numb already, @Cynthia777? Then you are truly ready!! As far as packing, I didn't use anything in my stuffed duffle bag except for underwear, a shirt, and loose pants. Oh, and face soap. They provided me with a toothbrush and toothpaste, and I was out of there before ever having a shower. I...
  7. H

    THR Hipster2016 is on the other side

    Thanks @Nana757. He is napping on my chest right now...heaven. :sleep:
  8. H

    THR t2paythepiper Recovery Thread

    Thanks for the ointment link, @t2paythepiper. I will look into it for future procedures - even the bandage they put on after blood draws gives me blisters these days. You have a great attitude about your work situation, which hopefully will all work out. I know what you mean about the brain...
  9. H

    THR Hipster2016 is on the other side

    @geneva and @TerryCloth, thanks for your responses. Time goes by so fast, doesn't it? I am so thankful I will be able to run and play with my little guy soon. Thanks for the advice on the dizziness - always good to know I am not alone. I did have a fairly light dinner, so maybe that was it. I...
  10. H

    THR Hipster2016 is on the other side

    Thanks @Cynthia777! All prayers gratefully accepted!! My little one has been great, although he has his moments - he likes to move my walking stick when I sit down, and when he gets angry over bedtime he threatens to hit my bad leg. Sigh. He just turned 5 and I know so much of this is scary for...
  11. H

    Did You Walk or Sleep More Post-op?

    Hi @Cynthia777. I didn't think your question was odd - I think I understand what you are asking. I was encouraged to not stay in bed all day, but to get up every hour or so to walk, but I didn't take that to apply to nighttime - I think you should sleep through the night if you can. While my...
  12. H

    A silly moment of vanity...

    I can so relate, @Toddlermom! All of what you said, and hard to know if changes are the result of babies or hip or both. About a year ago a new co-worker asked me about my limp. When I got home that night I asked my husband, "do I limp?" He started laughing. "Limp?" he said, "you hobble!" I...
  13. H

    THR t2paythepiper Recovery Thread

    Wow, you had quite the ordeal!! Congratulations on a successful surgery and an interesting hospital journey - you were coming out on the 18th as I was going in. My sympathies on the rashes - I also have an adhesive allergy and have lovely blister patches in the exact shape of bandages on my...
  14. H

    THR Hipster2016 is on the other side

    Thanks everyone for your encouraging replies. I can't believe surgery was 8 days ago. I am doing unbelievably well. Ditched the walker on the 2nd day and have been using an adjustable walking stick. Started forgetting it in various places yesterday, but go back to get it to help me with limping...
  15. H

    Trouble with previously "good hip" after THR

    Such a bummer, my sympathies! Sounds like you've gotten great advice here, please keep us updated on what happens. You are living my fear...every time my right hip pops or aches I worry I am headed for another surgery (and I am only 10 days out from my first - and hopefully only - hip...
Back
Top Bottom