Recent content by Hipster Coley

  1. Hipster Coley

    THR Jomarie58 recovery Begins!

    @jomarie58 - hopefully your pain is sorted out soon. I know if I overdo things my hip aches. So be kind to yourself. You'll be heading back to work one week before me. Hope it all goes well. Take care
  2. Hipster Coley

    THR Day 12 post RTHR

    Thanks for your good wishes @Shazzstars @jomarie58 @keepmovin I'll definitely give the yoga a try Debbie. I've done yoga/ body balance classes before and really enjoyed them but found it a little difficult with my dodgy hip pre op. But now hopefully with my new hardware it'll be easier.:)
  3. Hipster Coley

    THR Day 12 post RTHR

    Thank you @Cynthia777. From reading your thread you seem to be doing well too. :flwrysmile:
  4. Hipster Coley

    THR 14 week post Hip replacement

    @radeon. I would suggest that you see your GP if you haven't already. You may need to have an ECG and bloodwork to discount any cardiac problems.
  5. Hipster Coley

    THR Day 12 post RTHR

    Update time- tomorrow is 6 weeks post op. How quickly time flies. So,I've taken over all the housework again now and managing quite well. No need to use the grabber anymore. I do find that I can't kneel down on my operated leg easily to get into low cupboards so therefore no cleaning out of...
  6. Hipster Coley

    Revision THR On the other side

    @Korky51 Just wanted to say hi. I'm so glad that you are starting to get more mobile. Hope you continue to improve in leaps and bounds ( well maybe not leaping and bounding but you get the idea):)
  7. Hipster Coley

    THR Terrycloth's Path To New Freedom

    Great update @TerryCloth so glad things are going well for you and you have been busy. Im about 2 weeks in front of you surgery wise and find I have energy to burn in the mornings but it fades in the afternoon. Than when I'm ready for bed I'm wide awake staring at the ceiling. So frustrating.
  8. Hipster Coley

    THR Day 5 post op hip replacement

    @Sb7767 yes I experienced pain in knee and butt muscle on operated side. I put it down to biomechanics as surgeon said my foot is now pointed in the right direction. I was initially quite worried as I thought something was wrong with my knee but it has improved considerably. I still have an...
  9. Hipster Coley

    THR Hi I'm back..

    @Pony hope everything is going well. Sending positive thoughts your way
  10. Hipster Coley

    THR Ccarol's recovery

    @ccarol congratulations on your new shiny hip. Hope they sort out your temp soon and you get to go home soon. Wishing you a speedy and uneventful recovery.
  11. Hipster Coley

    THR New Hip Pain Free

    hi @Shazzstars just read your thread. Glad everything is going well for you and that your rash all cleared up. i go back to work 8 weeks post op which is in 3 weeks so I read your thread with interest re the tiredness.
  12. Hipster Coley

    THR Day 5 post op hip replacement

    Great update @Sb7767 glad things a looking more positive for you. I couldn't manage my hairy legs and had to get my husband to shave them for me. An interesting experience to say the least!!! Yesterday I drove myself to local nail bar and had manicure and pedicure. Absolute heaven. My poor...
  13. Hipster Coley

    THR Day 12 post RTHR

    Thank you @Sleeplessinseattle I hope everything is going well for you too :)
  14. Hipster Coley

    THR Day 12 post RTHR

    @Readysetgo yes our recovery does seem to be going at the same pace. Amazing isn't it. For a while there I thought I wasnt progressing but it happened pretty much as everyone said it would. Thank goodness for this forum or I would have been second guessing myself the whole time through this...
  15. Hipster Coley

    THR Day 12 post RTHR

    Thanks @Jaycey I'll definetly give those hammy stretches a try. I promise to start slowly. Really loved the support
Back
Top Bottom