Recent content by Hippymimi

  1. H

    Left SuperPath Hip Replacement

    Kayak, I am from St. Louis also. Where did you have your surgery? Mine was done at Mo. Bap. Good luck witb your upcoming hand surgery!
  2. H

    THR Hippymimi<<

    Yes, not something I want to repeat. Am sore, but hip feels fine. Am thankful I didn't break my wrist when I caught myself. Hope your recovery is going well.
  3. H

    THR Hippymimi<<

    Will b e 12 weeks out on Thursday, and feeling great. We just returned from a vacation to see the grandkids in South Carolina, and I almost forgot that I was still recovering from hip replacement. With that being said, I was walking my little tripod schnauzer this morning, tripped on an uneven...
  4. H

    THR Hippymimi<<

    Thanks for your reply. No, I have not had an xray of my left leg. I will speak with my OS about it at my next visit.
  5. H

    THR Hippymimi<<

    Basically gentle hamstring stretches, msnually and standing on an incline. The discomfort I amconcerned with is on unoperated though, area L2F. V. Really feels muscular. Also, I think I saw on an earlier post you were not sure what H & H is. It's an abbreviation for hemoglobin and hematocrit.
  6. H

    THR Hippymimi<<

    Here you are. (-: 1. O-1 2. Tylenol arthritis strength 2- bid 3. Icing 3-4 x/day. 45-60 minutes4. 4.elevating with icing 5. Light housework, some cooking 6.walking is my only exercise other t h an gentle stretching biweekky with PT Thanks for your help!
  7. H

    THR Hippymimi<<

    Thanks Josephine! My discomfort is located in area L2F. V. I appreciate your input.
  8. H

    THR Hippymimi<<

    Thanks for reply Joe. I am really thinking it's probably from overuse, I just don't want any more problems (-:
  9. H

    THR Hippymimi<<

    Recovery from rthr on 3/9 going well. Muscles still tight and slightly sore, but it is getting better every day. Have started walking my little 9# furry friend, or I should say she walks me. (-: My question now is I have a sore area across my left thigh. It's right below the crease at the...
  10. H

    Revision THR Precautions after revision surgery/second THR

    I was reminded at my 4 week post op check up that I needed to continue with hip precautions for another 4 weeks. Like you, my surgeon is definitely not "old school", a n d is a very highly regarded OS (including revision surgery). Very interesting how surgeons differ (-: (Actually m y OS is...
  11. H

    [DISLOCATION] ponymad recovery thread

    Great news ponymad! I will be 5 weeks out on Thursday. Saw my OS last week, and he is quite pleased with my progress. I am driving now, but do have 3 more weeks of precautions. Fatigue is my biggest challenge. This too shall pass. (-: Keep up the good work!
  12. H

    THR Pain 14 months post LTHR

    Like you, I had a severe spasm in my buttock on day 15 following my RTHP on March 9. The spasm set me back about a week, but am happy to report that I had my 4 week check up witb my OS today, and he is more than pleased with my recovery. My xrays look great, and pain is less than a 1. Buttock...
  13. H

    THR Hippymimi<<

    Of course, sorry. (-:
  14. H

    Cherdonnay's R THR March 13,2017 second time is a charm

    I am asking myself the same question about getting in and out of the car on the drivers side. Any tips would be helpful. Love the picture of your furry friend. We adopted a mini schnauzer with 3 legs a couple oc years ago. She makes me smile no matter what. (-:
  15. H

    THR Hippymimi<<

    Isn't it amazing what dehydration can do? I am trying to drink most of my fluids early in the day in order to cut down on trips to the bathroom at night (-: Am happy to report that soreness is almost gone, and I am gradually increasing my activity around the house. I am finding ig easier to...
Back
Top Bottom