Recent content by HipnewKaz

  1. HipnewKaz

    THR Now the proud owner of a brand new hip

    Hey there, sorry to hear about your tummy troubles and glad you are feeling better,like you I am celebrating the 4 week mark and have also started wee walks around the block. The dog feels so much happier to have Mum back even if the walks are now drastically shorter than she's been used too. I...
  2. HipnewKaz

    THR New Hip New Me

    Hi everyone , just to let you know that I made it safely home after a very Long lunch, 1 cocktail and 3 wines meant that I was feeling pretty smiley by the end of the day, had loads of laughs and heaps of fun... operated leg was a bit sore when I got home but I realised I'd missed my lunch time...
  3. HipnewKaz

    Hip Infection Cement spacer in hip nearing the end

    Wow I just want to say that you are incredibly positive considering the terrible journey you've had so far.... hang in there, surely things can only get better , my thoughts are with you Be strong
  4. HipnewKaz

    THR New Hip New Me

    Thank you everybody for all your lovely and helpful posts, it is so encouraging to hear other good news stories. Great tips on walking without a limp and I will definitely take my crutch with me when I go out. I'm getting taken out by some lovely friends today for a "Ladies Lunch" so I think...
  5. HipnewKaz

    THR New Hip New Me

    Wow two in one go!!!! that is fantastic!!!! and I am so glad that you are doing so well, its so encouraging to hear from you, I shall continue to enjoy my new hip with confidence. Thanks for sharing :)
  6. HipnewKaz

    THR New Hip New Me

    I actually feel so good that I was tempted not to post my story as I feel so very sorry for others who are not having such an easy time of it, but then I then I remembered when I was considering whether to go through with my operation that it was terrifiying because it is so easy to find the...
  7. HipnewKaz

    THR Now the proud owner of a brand new hip

    Hi there, big congratulations on getting through your op, I am 2 days post op ahead of you so can tell you that you will be fine when you go home, but don't do too much, you will get all the exercise you need just getting a drink from the kitchen and going to the loo. I felt much emotionally...
  8. HipnewKaz

    THR RTHR Aug. 22nd 2017

    Hi there, congratulations on your hip replacement, you got yours 1 week before I got mine, I am young like you (47) and I have noticed that I am healing quite quickly and feeling quite well, but just like you if I do too much I get a bit achey... I am walking around quite well on just one...
  9. HipnewKaz

    Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

    Tee hee first time I have ever posted pics of my bum on the internet, here we are at 2 days post op , stitches are internal and dissolvable so hopefully won't be too obvious once all healed
  10. HipnewKaz

    THR New Hip New Me

    Sounds like good advice thanks Chris, I have noticed that while I can do short stints with no crutches I do have a weird limp so I shall adopt your advice and perfect my technique before moving on.
  11. HipnewKaz

    THR New Hip New Me

    Thanks, you are probably right, just getting a little excited with my new mobility . I have added my name to the hotshots club, hope I did it right???
  12. HipnewKaz

    THR New Hip New Me

    I had my RTHR on the 30th of August so its been 9 days post op, I am finding that I am fairly comfortable and stable moving around the house with just 1 crutch (and for short bursts with no crutches at all) but my surgeon and PT said to use 2 crutches for at least 2 weeks, I just wondered if I...
Back
Top Bottom