Recent content by HipMomOf3

  1. HipMomOf3

    THR New hip for HipMomof3!

    That is very encouraging, @Constanze, thank you! Before my hip began deteriorating I led a pretty active lifestyle. Now, I'm focused on shedding the pounds I acquired over the past couple of years and rebuilding the muscles that have atrophied. I have lost 25 lbs so far! I will try to focus...
  2. HipMomOf3

    THR New hip for HipMomof3!

    It's been awhile since my last post. I've been quite busy balancing recovery and school with the boys :) Overall, I believe things are going good. It has taken me some time to stop comparing my recovery to all of the other recovery threads on this site and thinking, "wow, I should be doing...
  3. HipMomOf3

    THR New hip for HipMomof3!

    @Cynthia777 - I agree! My first PT appointment went perfect - not aggressive at all, very easy-going, lots of gentle stretches. My 2nd appointment was with the PT assistant (I guess that's what they call her) and she just got too aggressive. My problem is I don't like confrontation and I was...
  4. HipMomOf3

    THR New hip for HipMomof3!

    Thank you for the responses. I guess I may have misspoke - the PT said it was to prevent the scar tissue from attaching to the underlying tissue as @msmo stated. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. HipMomOf3

    THR New hip for HipMomof3!

    I would like some advice on whether people find it beneficial to massage their incision site or not? Mine is healing and beginning to develop some hard knotty-feeling spots and is a little sensitive. The PT said to gently massage the area to help keep the area from forming scar tissue.
  6. HipMomOf3

    THR The other side

    I'm doing alright as long as I keep reminding myself that all this junk is only temporary; when I forget that is when I let myself get a bit down, emotionally. YOu're right, it's probably a pretty good sign that you might have overdone things a tad when your good leg comes back to bit ya :) I...
  7. HipMomOf3

    THR The other side

    @Jillians - How's the ankle today? You asked if anyone else has had pain there and I have pain above my ankle that is like a constant burning, but not too bad. I figured it was muscle aches from the exercises I've been doing. As a matter of fact, I'm chalking most of my aches/pains up to the...
  8. HipMomOf3

    THR New hip for HipMomof3!

    @Krista - I'm so sorry for all you are going through. That sounds terrible. Since my muscle atrophy was so severe due to how long I limped around, I felt like PT would be helpful for that, but I'll definitely be talking to them about not over doing it next time. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. HipMomOf3

    THR New hip for HipMomof3!

    @Krista - I'm so sorry for all you are going through. That sounds terrible. I will definitely address it with the PT. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. HipMomOf3

    THR New hip for HipMomof3!

    @Josephine - is there something I can do besides elevate and ice for my knee? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. HipMomOf3

    THR New hip for HipMomof3!

    PT was difficult today. The exercises weren't hard, but while I was lying down on my back, the assistant took my leg and raised it to a near 90 degree angle several times, which caused some discomfort right below my rear. Then, with my knee up in the air, she grabbed my ankle and rotated my leg...
  12. HipMomOf3

    Anticipation

    @jaymo - wow, I can really identify with much of your story. I also spent 2 years (plus tons of money in co-pays) with a neurologist being treated for piriformis syndrome, some lower back issues, 3 nerve blocks, etc. All the while, my hip was the primary culprit. Now being on the other side of...
  13. HipMomOf3

    THR New hip for HipMomof3!

    Thanks @jaymo - I'll be praying for your surgery and looking forward to hearing about your recovery! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. HipMomOf3

    THR New hip for HipMomof3!

    Whew - today was an interesting day. Last night I didn't get any sleep. I don't know if it was muscle soreness or what, but even with taking my pain meds for the night I still couldn't settle down. This morning, my boys were up and at their school work before I even got out of bed (I managed to...
  15. HipMomOf3

    THR Working out this recovery thing finally!

    @Wrknitout - that is great! I know you'll be glad to be finished with that medicine. More energy and using a cane are encouraging steps forward also! Oh, how I love to go to Costco or Sam's - I can really spend some money at those stores! A little shop therapy never hurt anyone except my...
Back
Top Bottom