Recent content by hipgirl

  1. H

    Didn't see this coming!!!

    Firstly, I am so sorry you are going through all this. Secondly, I too am OCD about my legs being shaved but I have the answer for you. I have been doing this long before my THR and I am still doing it. Get a ruler and duct tape or any strong tape and tape a razor to the end of the ruler and bam...
  2. H

    THR Oh my gosh, I think I am OK!

    Hi Sharon, yes the doctor put me on plaquinil, however I have spent much of my life taking control drugs and most times felt better off them. I am searching other more natural ways. The rheumy said I have rheumatoid arthritis and did have a muscle disease that is in remission but has left its...
  3. H

    THR Oh my gosh, I think I am OK!

    Hi Anniepops, I have started to read through this posting but only got part way through...it may take me a while. However, I really need to chat with you, it seems from what I had read so far has been much like my recovery. I am four months post op, hip replaced due to arthritis, used walker for...
  4. H

    THR Anniepops THR Recovery

    Thank you Sharon, I do have a thread on here somewhere, and from what I understand you must go off that one and I have no clue how to find it....fairly new here
  5. H

    THR Anniepops THR Recovery

    Hi Anniepops, I have started to read through this posting but only got part way through...it may take me a while. However, I really need to chat with you, it seems from what I had read so far has been much like my recovery. I am four months post op, hip replaced due to arthritis, used walker for...
  6. H

    THR Oh my gosh, I think I am OK!

    Thank you so much Sharon for your input and for getting Josephine, she has certainly made me see the light xox
  7. H

    THR Oh my gosh, I think I am OK!

    Oh wow, Josephine you have completely opened my eyes...my family is very supportive and expects nothing from me, it was what I was expecting of myself and I am realizing now if I don't slow down my recovery will be even much much longer. For therapy, I stand holding on to a chair..bring knee up...
  8. H

    THR Oh my gosh, I think I am OK!

    Thank you Desire, there is not much I can do right now in the way of exercise, it's a challenge to just get through what the pt left me to do but hopefully I will get there. Jond and adflorida, thank you so much for all the encouragement!! Sally, you and I seem to be along in the same way...
  9. H

    THR Oh my gosh, I think I am OK!

    I hope that I make sense explaining this....I am really stressed and concerned. Before my hip replacement the bad leg had become shorter, I realize normal, so the surgeon said he was going to do his best to even them up when he did the replacement. So in the earlier stages of my recovery my non...
  10. H

    THR Oh my gosh, I think I am OK!

    Wahoooooooooo thank you bottomshollow, I think I got it now, except my print is too small
  11. H

    THR Oh my gosh, I think I am OK!

    Okay, I think my brain has figured out where the date goes...it was said signature line duh! :shocked: So do I type this info at the end of each post? Hipgirl LTKR 1997. LTHR April 16, 2012 Arthritis and Muscle Disease
  12. H

    THR Oh my gosh, I think I am OK!

    Thank you all for your input and most importantly for the warm welcome. Josephine, from what I have read you offer so much to this forum with all your life experiences, thank you so much for that. :yay: As for putting my surgery date, how do I get it in my signature line? By that, do you mean...
  13. H

    THR Oh my gosh, I think I am OK!

    Hi, I am new to this forum. Tomorrow I will be 3 months post op for LTHR. I have been following a hip replacement Page on Facebook, and while the people are fantastic, I seem to be the odd one of the bunch. I always try to remain positive and I know not to compare. However, I still felt like the...
Back
Top Bottom