Recent content by Hipdeedo

  1. Hipdeedo

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    Thanks for the advice. The forum has been so helpful. Yes I know that BoneSmart isn't keen on PT, because it can do more harm than good. I'm going to take it slow. I feel fortunate that my insurance also covers the out patient PT, because I'm the type that rather do the exercises at home I would...
  2. Hipdeedo

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    Not sure if I've checked in since my surgery on 1/29.Pretty sure I haven't. Surgery went well. I'm exactly four weeks out now and have been feeling sorry for myself off and on. The hardest part of recovery for me is that I haven't been able to sleep and that beats you down both physically and...
  3. Hipdeedo

    THR Anterior THR

    Don't give the Desertrat too much grief about the gym thing. Before my surgery I was in the gym regularly. If exercise has always been an important part of your life you can really miss it to the point of depression. I know it will be several weeks before it get the green light on the regular...
  4. Hipdeedo

    THR Hipdeedo in recovery

    Thanks for all the replays. The swelling has receded almost completely, through ice and elevation. As soon as I continue to do this it doesn't swell much now. The incision looked good when the bandage was changed yesterday, so I'm no longer anxious about infection. I'm 11 days in and I think I...
  5. Hipdeedo

    THR Hi All... Right side done today

    Sounds like you're describing compression sleeves for your lower calves and the "purple pillow of pain". Seriously trussed up the 1st couple nights. All the more reason to be seriously drugged up. They were trying to keep me controlled with percocet, but when I found out they could put something...
  6. Hipdeedo

    THR Hipdeedo in recovery

    Surgery went fine. They got me to my feet same day. Also walked a bit on day two plus group exercise. All the caretakers were wonderful as they were with the 1st hip. Home now, third day. I don't remember all the swelling that I am currently experiencing. No hotspots or rashes, or temps rising...
  7. Hipdeedo

    Knee pain with an arthritic hip

    I'm going in for THE right side on 1/29 and I'm ready! I have faced pain pretty much all over the right leg, but particularly concerning is the knee pain. I know my knee has been presented with alot of "pressure" for many months now. I hope it will be OK once the hip has been replaced and...
  8. Hipdeedo

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    Yeah. I found post op to be pretty depressing. All you here from your friends is how fast "others" were up and running just a couple weeks after their surgery and now you are hoping for the same results while living 24/7 in your recliner. In my case I had a front tooth fall out, just fall out...
  9. Hipdeedo

    Right THR Jan 29th

    This is my 1st post to BoneSmart. I feel blessed to have this surgery in 4 weeks. It will be my surgeon's last THR before his retirement. He did the other side for me in 2017 without complications. I was really concerned about his eventual retirement. I wanted the procedure done the same way...
Back
Top Bottom