BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Joint Replacement Patient Advocacy
and Online Community

Right THR Jan 29th

Discussion in 'Hip Replacement Pre-Op Area' started by Hipdeedo, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Hipdeedo

Hipdeedo new member

United States United States
    This is my 1st post to BoneSmart. I feel blessed to have this surgery in 4 weeks. It will be my surgeon's last THR before his retirement. He did the other side for me in 2017 without complications.

I was really concerned about his eventual retirement. I wanted the procedure done the same way (traditional, enter from side) and I wanted the same prosthetic ball and cup used on both sides. Probably would not happen this way with another surgeon.

So now I'm doing all I can to prepare. With the 1st surgery I had three months to prepare and lost 30lbs while putting myself in the best shape I could. This time I only need to lose a few holiday lbs.

I hope to bring nothing but positive comments to this forum as I go forward with this procedure. As I read the other people's stories, I see that not everyone has a great experience. I also see that everyone truly supports others facing the same challenges and the information that everyone provides is invaluable.

2. Jaycey

Jaycey SUPER MODERATOR Moderator

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @Hipdeedo Well done on getting getting scheduled with your preferred surgeon. Most people don't have a "matching pair" of hips if they are not done at the same time. But you will benefit from working with this surgeon.

Can you please give me the date of your first THR and the exact date and which hip you will have replaced in 4 weeks? I'll pop the information in your signature for you.

3. Mojo333

Mojo333 FORUM ADVISOR Forum Advisor

United States United States
    :wave: and welcome.
    Last hip for You and for your surgeon!!
    Lots of great advice here...lots of double hippys...that seem to have a common theme that no two recoveries are exactly the same.
    Right hip coming up...and when was left done in 2017?
    Did that recovery go well?