Recent content by Hip4life

  1. Hip4life

    TKR 19 mos, knee overuse and strain.Worried again.

    @Readabook I haven't had a knee done but I had a similar experience with my hip. The "why aren't you back to everything" routine is dis-heartening. Just keep advocating for yourself because you do know what your body needs to do and avoid. "No" is a complete sentence and doesn't need any...
  2. Hip4life

    Anyone go through THR replacement w/ medius gluteus repair?

    @misia Welcome to BoneSmart. I'm sorry it's taken a bit for someone to get back to you. Gray Horse has not been active on the forum recently so you might not get a response from her. To specifically flag someone you put an @ symbol in front of their user name like I did for you. You can always...
  3. Hip4life

    Standard Shoulder Replacement Questions About Shoulder Replacement

    @AnnieBee The thing I found most surprising is that I still do things now with my left hand that normally I would have only done with my right hand. How goofy is that? Kinda lines up with what Deb said above about how good it is for the brain to use the non-dominant side once in a while. Who knew?
  4. Hip4life

    Standard Shoulder Replacement Best Shoulder Pillow "Systems"?

    @charlesthedad Hi! Just checking in to see how things are progressing. We hope all is well. If you've got a minute, please drop us an update. we'd love to hear from you.
  5. Hip4life

    Standard Shoulder Replacement Questions About Shoulder Replacement

    @AnnieBee I know the surgery seems a ways off but start preparing for it now. Especially if you are right handed, you'll need to practice some everyday stuff, like eating and brushing your teeth, with your left hand. Getting in and out of clothes will be different as well. Also, you'll need to...
  6. Hip4life

    THR Counting My Blessings

    @Debru4 I'm so glad you are doing so well. I'm also very interested in your drug regimen. The world of medicine never stays static. It really is a blessing when you find a good PT. They most certainly are NOT created equal. I've found mine and I hope they don't go anywhere if I need them in...
  7. Hip4life

    Standard Shoulder Replacement Questions About Shoulder Replacement

    @AnnieBee This is great news! It is amazing what the right doctor can do for you: not just surgery but to get you in the right frame of mind about it. I know my OS got a CT of my shoulder shortly before surgery. He said it let him "do the surgery before I do the surgery" in getting to know my...
  8. Hip4life

    THR Pregnancy & Childbirth with Bilateral Hip Replacements

    @Camicamster Congratulations! Your body goes through so many changes knitting that baby together and getting your body ready for birth with loosening up of soft tissues like ligaments for one. Your doctors and their support staff are the best resources to help guide you and educate you through...
  9. Hip4life

    THR Counting My Blessings

    @Debru4 Blessings for a smooth surgery and a good start to your recovery. We'll add to the positive thoughts and vibes that you have the right med "cocktail" to get you over the first rough days. Remember: "courage is fear that has said its prayers." We'll hold the space for you. :friends:
  10. Hip4life

    Standard Shoulder Replacement Potential Shoulder Replacement Candidate

    Excellent! Isn't it amazing to write "20 week update?" I know there is still some work to do but look how far you've come. I remember feeling elated that I'd gone ahead and gotten my surgery. It was so worth it. I still say a prayer of gratitude every time I swim, cast a fishing line, or even...
  11. Hip4life

    Hip Infection* Antibiotic hip spacer

    @Justine15 Checking in as I know these first days to week or so are some of the roughest. Sleep gets disrupted, we get annoyed and grumpy because we hurt and we just aren’t our best selves. Go ahead and forgive yourself ahead of time. Keep taking those pain meds on time (I had to keep a notebook...
  12. Hip4life

    Standard Shoulder Replacement Questions About Shoulder Replacement

    @AnnieBee This is wonderful. Having your husband present will help immensely. I’ve always liked it when my husband could accompany me as he would come up with questions on the fly that I hadn’t considered. He would also remember details that I might not have caught in the discussion. Truly, two...
  13. Hip4life

    Hip Infection* Antibiotic hip spacer

    @Justine15 Wow, Justine. You have been through a lot. I'm glad you found us for support. Support, plus a great surgical team and the attitude that you're going to give your body the best chance at healing will take you far. The 8 weeks of toe touch will be a pain-in more ways than one. Lol. I...
  14. Hip4life

    Revised PKR to TKR On the other side - AGAIN!

    @Legseleven This is so wonderful to hear. It's always such a great moment when you can become an active participant in life again. Even this early on, you've turned enough of a corner to allow you to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Blessings for continued good healing.
  15. Hip4life

    Standard Shoulder Replacement Best Shoulder Pillow "Systems"?

    @charlesthedad Blessings for a smooth surgery and a good start to your healing recovery. Please keep us in the loop when you're feeling up to it and are actually capable.
Back
Top Bottom