Recent content by Hip2BGone

  1. H

    THR Bone Smart Excercise / Sports Recomendations after THR

    I had this scary moment in the morning while putting on shoes on my own for the first time. Ever since the surgery my wife ties my shoe laces on my opreated side, This has grown old on her by now. So since i noticed that i can bend a little bit More and reach the top of the shoe while sitting...
  2. H

    THR Bone Smart Excercise / Sports Recomendations after THR

    Thanks for your reply. I didn't expect such response from teh Surgeon. The sports PT owner is a Dr with a speciality at Physical Rehab. He told me that the prognosis and advice from the Surgeon wasfounded on old myths and that living with "fear" of a dislocation was not a "sane" way to handle...
  3. H

    THR Bone Smart Excercise / Sports Recomendations after THR

    The only sour experiendce was my 12 week visit to my surgeon. I was feeling great. My overall movement had increased expotencially, I was doing great in PT and swimming; but I still wanted to hear the "You are doing good" "you can forget about the precautions" from the Dr. IN a recap the Dr...
  4. H

    THR Bone Smart Excercise / Sports Recomendations after THR

    I'm a little bit past 3 month post op. I am now doing my normal life activities, same as before the surgery. Except for certain things like bending comfortably at the waist, putting socks on or tying the shoe laces. At the 12th week post op, I changed from PT, into a more sports oriented...
  5. H

    THR Bone Smart Excercise / Sports Recomendations after THR

    Thanks for looking after my recovery @Layla @Mojo333
  6. H

    THR Bone Smart Excercise / Sports Recomendations after THR

    A little update on my recovery: We have started to increase slowly the excercises at PT. I was heavily limping at week 5 when I staretd PT, now at week 8 1/2 I can walk well without a cane, except when I'm phisically tired. I incorporated swimming at week 7. I swimm and walk in pool one day...
  7. H

    THR Counting My Blessings

    In my case PT was needed as I had stopped using my leg for over two years. I couldn't rotate my leg or lift it over 45 degrees. I was limping heavily and when bending over or sitting or standing up i did it entirely over my good leg. The first month after the surgery I rested most of the day...
  8. H

    THR How long did it take you for natural gait to return?

    8 weeks out and still use a cane or I limp when I walk, specially when tired.
  9. H

    THR Bone Smart Excercise / Sports Recomendations after THR

    Thank you for following my recovery. It's hard to go through all this stuff on your own with no references to cling to. @Layla @Mojo333
  10. H

    THR Bone Smart Excercise / Sports Recomendations after THR

    The Dr after doing an exam called my scoliosis a "take one". At least visual and functionally. He told me the arthrosis scoliosis combo was not a good combination and that we need to be proactive to have quality living in my older age. He said the best plan in the long run was to combine...
  11. H

    THR Bone Smart Excercise / Sports Recomendations after THR

    Hello Mojo. Things have been great. We introduced new excercises in PT last week. Today was my 2nd day swimming. I do 30 mins sessions alternating in pool walking light swimming and ROM movements. I am using the walking stick less every day. The limp is almost done, it comes back when I'm...
  12. H

    Bilateral THR “Oh you brave soul!”<

    Excellent news!. The first few days are really tough. Hang in there. It will get better really soon, you will regain control on your hips/legs and you'll be surprised about how good it feels. Say goodbye to arthritic pain forever!!!
  13. H

    THR Bone Smart Excercise / Sports Recomendations after THR

    6 weeks out The girl at the PT is a sweetheart really helpful and caring. PT has helped a lot with strengthening, gait reefucation and balance. The BEST thing ever is the excercises I have been doing in a pool on the days off from PT. It feels great afterwards. All the movement involved in...
  14. H

    THR Bone Smart Excercise / Sports Recomendations after THR

    I have a huge question: Short version: If by chance you cross your leg all the way once, and your hip doesn't dislocate. Does it mean that there is no need on keep following the precautions? Long version: I am 6 weeks post surgery. Yesterday I had what you may call a fun, busy day. I am...
  15. H

    Dual mobility acetabular cup vs traditional implant #2

    Mine was lateral too and It has been a smooth ride up till now.
Back
Top Bottom