Recent content by Highlands

  1. H

    THR Pain returned after several months - caused by my back pain??

    Does your Chiropractor also do acupuncture? I have been told it can be very helpful for pain. I was thinking of looking into that too. Let me know how you make out
  2. H

    THR Pain returned after several months - caused by my back pain??

    Thanks. It should have said that I can only find my thread when I sign in and it shows I have an alert. I had followed your link on ‘finding my posts and thread” but the example shown does not come up on my iPad. Also sorry about the typos. I really have to get better about proof reading. I...
  3. H

    THR Pain returned after several months - caused by my back pain??

    To Layla I can only find rpms thread when there is an alert To Josephine I will try again. I did not understand the chart I guess RR2 B. RR3B. RL2B. RL3B is the back area pain made worse if standing and walking too long w/o resting WR1F. XR1F. Outer thigh area stinging pain that began after...
  4. H

    THR Pain returned after several months - caused by my back pain??

    Thanks I will look forward to her thoughts. I do have problems finding my thread etc.
  5. H

    THR Pain returned after several months - caused by my back pain??

    Hello. I am wondering if anyone has any experience with pain returning after about 6 months being pain free. I had a right THR anterior approach in April 2017 and after about the 3 month mark all was fine and I almost forgot about the surgery. In the past week I have had moderate to severe...
  6. H

    THR Pain returned after several months - caused by my back pain??

    Just wanted to check in since today is 12 weeks exactly since my surgery. I don't know if this is just coincident or if it is a milestone but the last few days have been great. My PT ended last Wednesday and no, I never let him do the weights. He offered to reauthorize me for more but since a)...
  7. H

    THR Pain returned after several months - caused by my back pain??

    Thanks Jaycey, I really appreciate all the good advice!
  8. H

    THR Pain returned after several months - caused by my back pain??

    Thanks all. Jaycey I appreciate the confirmation that I shouldn't do the weights. That was my gut feeling but apparently the surgeon wants it done. (I'm thinking maybe HE should do it) The therapist has been doing some deep massage and on Friday only had me doing exercises lying down. I go back...
  9. H

    THR Pain returned after several months - caused by my back pain??

    Hip-hip-hooray! and GrannyC thanks for letting me know how the PT was effecting you. I spoke with the therapist today who agreed that I should have more than just one day in between sessions. I am anxious to see if I am somewhat better come Monday since I will gave had the weekend off. Did...
  10. H

    THR Pain returned after several months - caused by my back pain??

    Thanks all. My doctor called me back and told me I should continue PT but only do exercises there,not on my own at home. So I guess I have to give it a try. The therapist told me not to do anything that hurts. HipHipHooray I am sorry you cannot dance professionally anymore but I'm sure you have...
  11. H

    THR Pain returned after several months - caused by my back pain??

    Thanks Irish Joe, Iabanan and Jaycey. I hate to feel like I am quitting but I think you are all probably correct. The problem is not me it's the PT. I went yesterday and all went well. However by 11 pm last night my leg was bothering me and was a bit swollen - back to ice/rest/elevate. It's...
  12. H

    THR Pain returned after several months - caused by my back pain??

    So, I am now 8 weeks post op today. I had been doing pretty well, I thought, but because of groin pain and some IT band issues around the knee, the surgeon told me to go for physical therapy {PT}. He said it was probably a gait issue and this would help with it. I saw the PT for an eval 6 days...
  13. H

    THR Back Again! <

    Pip3R I am just 6 1/2 weeks post op from an anterior THR and like you expected to be "back to normal" by now. When I saw my ortho surgeon last week I asked about lifting limitations and he said ten pounds! The boxes you're lifting may be more than that and you risk hurting your hip replacement...
  14. H

    THR Pain returned after several months - caused by my back pain??

    I think it makes us all crabby. Waiting and dealing with pain and discomfort does not make one happy. I also think that since you don't remember the recovery time frame from your hip surgery 7 years ago that it probably means once you get thru this period and heal you will also forget this and...
Back
Top Bottom