Recent content by hhaze

  1. hhaze

    Bilateral TKR Icing the knees<

    @Josephine 1) left knee with the issue...sitting still, no pain. Walking (limping), pain is about a 4. Stepping to the side, stabbing pain is about a 9. 2) ibuprofen 600mg as needed every 4-6 hours 3) slight to moderate for both knees 4) I haven't been measured in a good bit, I do NOT have...
  2. hhaze

    Bilateral TKR Icing the knees<

    @Josephine absolutely
  3. hhaze

    Bilateral TKR Icing the knees<

    Maybe I can get a reply this time. I am now officially 6 months post op. In September the surgeon was ready to release me until June. I was not OK with that since I have MUCH pain and issues still. So he appeased me and saw me again December 4. He agreed that something isn't right. Lateral...
  4. hhaze

    Bilateral TKR Icing the knees<

    Hi all..3.5 months post op..a couple of questions ....since I had them both done at the same time, it is hard not to compare the two. First question: I have a pain (much like a torn meniscus feeling) in the left knee...behind the knee...the only time it doesn't hurt is if I'm laying down and...
  5. hhaze

    Bilateral TKR Icing the knees<

    So I feel like I am finally making SOME progress. For now I am OK with my PT guy. He never forces me to do anything and although I don't look forward to it, I do feel like it is helping. I know in the states it is more common to go to PT...but I have been listening to you all and respecting that...
  6. hhaze

    PKR PKR Success - 1 yr out.

    @SusieShoes when does that happen exactly?????:) :-) (: @NavyGunns I heard kneeling is just awful for a lonnnnnnng time after surgery...like years. Your knee DOES look great!
  7. hhaze

    Bilateral TKR Icing the knees<

    New question since we are all June bugs here. Since I had them both done at the same time, I have no past replacement to compare this to.....I am 9 weeks post op...my knees still feel soooo heavy...like I have 30 lb weights around my knees. Does this subside soon? I have been told that it can...
  8. hhaze

    Bilateral TKR Confused on PT pushing<

    @bitkr there is indeed some upper body work you can do. I have also tried a few exercises, but I have found that most require strong legs. Push press. Thrusters. Snatches. Skier. Let me know what good ones you come up with. Good luck. I know it’s frustrating.
  9. hhaze

    Bilateral TKR Confused on PT pushing<

    @bitkr you are far too early on in recovery to worry about seeing your personal trainer right now. I am only a few weeks behind you and trust me, I know how frustrating it is. I am only 49 years old and I have run mud runs, half marathons, triathlons, I’m at the gym six days a week. The surgery...
  10. hhaze

    Bilateral TKR Confused on PT pushing<

    @bitkr I am 9weeks post op for bi lateral.I WISH I had your numbers for ROM. I have been so depressed about my lack of progress. I, too, have the knots behind the knee....tight hamstring. Do you have any tips on how to loosen those up? I have tried everything the therapist has told me.
  11. hhaze

    Bilateral TKR Icing the knees<

    @Celle finding thus forum has been a life-saver.
  12. hhaze

    Bilateral TKR Icing the knees<

    @SusieShoes This may sound like a dumb question but when you say elevate, do you mean propping them up on pillows or actually laying with them higher up like an L position?
  13. hhaze

    Bilateral TKR Icing the knees<

    @SusieShoes thank you. 9 months for your ROM. This makes me breathe easier. Since MUA has been brought up i have been in a depressed and panicked funk. Full on tears daily. The thought of it scares me. My sister has had both her knees done separelty and her PT was forceful. They would start...
  14. hhaze

    Bilateral TKR Icing the knees<

    @Celle you mentioned that you did just your daily activities to get you to 130°. I think I read that one of the threads. How long did it take you post surgery to get to 130°? I am getting More abs more discouraged and depressed and it feels like everything i read or anyone I talk to i get...
  15. hhaze

    Bilateral TKR Icing the knees<

    @KitKat64 how do I access your recovery thread?
Back
Top Bottom