Recent content by Henrysmom1005

  1. H

    TKR New knee struggles

    Thank you for the kind thoughts. Yes I did get some exercises for home. Have not been faithful to do them lately. Although I do heel slides in bed. I will work harder on the others and hopefully as my body heals from other things I will see a response in my knee. I’m sure inflammation is just...
  2. H

    TKR New knee struggles

    Hello all, its been just over 5 months since my TKR, which was followed by an MUA a couple months later. In the past 6 weeks I have struggled through Bells Palsy that came with horrible neck, ear, and back of the head pain. I was down with heating packs around my neck for 3 weeks. I still have a...
  3. H

    TKR New knee struggles

    Thank you so much! I am doing well with knee. I did have a MUA about 3 weeks ago. It made a difference for me. I knew I would be starting radiation treatment some time after December 9. I really wanted to get my knee to move better before beginning that. It was t fun but it is better...
  4. H

    TKR New knee struggles

    @Layla I plan to call first thing and put off PT until after I speak with the surgeon. With the ROM actually being worse since I had my 6 week check up with surgeon I’m not looking forward to this follow up. Hoping he will give me more time to recover before expressing any urgency toward MUA...
  5. H

    TKR New knee struggles

    @EalingGran you are probably right. Too soon for a trip like that for me.@jockette I will call in the morning and see about rescheduling after I speak with surgeon.
  6. H

    TKR New knee struggles

    Hello again. We made it back home last night. I took the suggestion of riding in the back seat with legs up. We stopped a couple hours into our 4 hour trip. When I got out, which was a challenge, I could hardly walk or out weight on my good leg. What I have been thinking was it Band was so...
  7. H

    TKR New knee struggles

    Mendogal it hurts my knee cap when I do the quads now. It didn’t before. Doing my best to not over do. But still go with hubby to eat and a couple shops. Sitting down when I can and not staying out very long. It may have been too soon for a trip away. But it was booked a long time ago. I did...
  8. H

    TKR New knee struggles

    Hello. It’s my second day of getting out and about on our vacation. Having a meal and then some shopping. Very touristy here. So mostly window shopping. It’s expensive. Driving into the next town today for lunch. Maybe a little shopping. I still am not sleeping much due to discomfort and...
  9. H

    TKR New knee struggles

    Thank you @AnnYo I appreciate the good thoughts.
  10. H

    TKR New knee struggles

    Thank you EalingGran ☺️
  11. H

    TKR New knee struggles

    Mendogal , I too would rather be at home and with my dogs. I’m not great with groups of people. I do find that after a few days inside I do need to get outside and breathe or I feel a bit closed in. Where I live we do not have good walking area as our property is a couple acres with very...
  12. H

    TKR New knee struggles

    Mendogal, did you do short trips away from home? Like to shop? How did you manage to not have cabin fever? I love being home with my dogs. But after a few days I need an outing. I will be hoping if I spend 9 months getting better. Then have the other knee done then another 9 months maybe at 71 I...
  13. H

    TKR New knee struggles

    AnnYo, it’s nice to hear I’m not the only one with a hubby who sailed through it and yet have a struggle going on for myself. I do hope I will be able to be active again. At 69 moving seems so important as holding still makes everything stiff real fast. Yes the advise on here has been so...
  14. H

    TKR New knee struggles

    Oh gosh. I cannot figure out how to do the quotes thing to refer to what you shared jockette. Anyway. I am good with only doing gentle bends and a bit of walking. However I do know when I get back home and resume PT, (unless i dont ) they will be working that bend again to get it back over...
  15. H

    TKR New knee struggles

    I agree. Thinking take out might be best today. Even sending hubby out to pick something up might be good. Ice and Netflix seems appealing.
Back
Top Bottom