Recent content by Helenefm

  1. H

    TKR New Knee!! New Me!!

    Sorry, Josephine. I think my limited computer skills and the drugs are making me a bit off!!
  2. H

    TKR Post-Op Struggles

    Well, just after saying I wasn't having too much pain, I tripped over my daughter's dog we are watching while she is on vacation!!! I must have pulled a stitch because it bled a bit. The bleeding stopped but now I have something, maybe a stitch, which is catching on everything!! Boy does this...
  3. H

    TKR New Knee!! New Me!!

    It will be just my luck to have a total relapse and end up back in the hospital!!! I am really going to watch out and slow down. Thanks so much to all for the good advice!
  4. H

    TKR New Knee!! New Me!!

    Guess normal is different for everyone. How great to go to your daughter's track meet! Maybe I am just afraid I might hurt myself... When did you stop using a walker or cane? I have to admit I don't feel very tired during the day.
  5. H

    TKR New Knee!! New Me!!

    I keep thinking the hose might cause a blood clot rather than prevent one! I am feeling a bit weird on the Tramadol and Norco. When did you start going out and doing normal things?
  6. H

    TKR New Knee!! New Me!!

    Hello everyone!! Things are going very nicely for me since my LTKR on May 28th!! Just wondering how long you have to wear these annoying ted hose??? Do they bother anyone else? I really don't have much pain except when I do my exercises. Tramadol doesn't do much and I only take the Norco...
  7. H

    TKR New Knee!! New Me!!

    Thanks everyone! You have all been so helpful! I am doing pretty good so far. No great pains only if I turn or move too quickly. I am doing ok with meds, elevating is a bit harder as my dogs jump all over me!
  8. H

    TKR New Knee!! New Me!!

    I did it!! Came home yesterday afternoon. Pain was terrible the first 3 days but better now. Not too sure which drugs work best. I take Tramadol and Norco if I need anything stronger. Any words of wisdom about these drugs?
  9. H

    2014 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

    Of course I can! Bring it on! :sos:
  10. H

    2014 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

    Thanks all! This is going to be so much fun!
  11. H

    2014 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

    3 days, that's a long time to not shampoo!
  12. H

    2014 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

    This just might be my last question before the festivities begin!! When can you take a shower after Surgery?
  13. H

    2014 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

    Good for you, LauraLeigh! Chat with you soon!! Best of Luck!!
  14. H

    2014 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

    Wow, Biscuit, that sounds so encouraging!! I hate hospitals and want to get out of there as soon as possible! I can also relate to that constant ache you mentioned. I just can't wait to get this over and done with! Thank you so much for the kind words. Everyone has just be wonderful on this...
Back
Top Bottom