Recent content by HelenaM

  1. H

    THR Question - One year after thr

    @Mojo333 That is great news! I am also waiting for Autumn and cooler walking days!
  2. H

    THR Question - One year after thr

    It is good to hear from you, and I hope you are doing well. Your encouragement helped me so much! Thanks again. @Mojo333
  3. H

    THR Possible revision surgery after 3 years

    I have not been on this website for a long time because I feel that my hip is now very good and my pain level is close to zero or maybe zero. At one year post surgery for right anterior hip replacement, I still had pain near the scar and down the outside of my thigh My surgeon said he saw...
  4. H

    THR Question - One year after thr

    @Mojo333 Thanks. Those look great. I will try to find some to try on. Hope you are doing well!
  5. H

    THR Question - One year after thr

    Thanks for then suggestions. I will try some of these!
  6. H

    THR 6 weeks post op- thigh/muscle pain

    If surgery is recommended for your left hip but you don’t have much pain, I would think It a good idea to get a second opinion. @SweetV
  7. H

    THR Question - One year after thr

    Does anyone have a recommendation for a winter boot just for general walking and errands outdoors? (not too heavy but warm)? I know everyone is different, but since having my hip replaced, there are more shoes and boots that I cannot wear. Orthofeet is not quite right for me.
  8. H

    THR Question - One year after thr

    Thank you @Ric A and @Jaycey. I have found the 1-2 pound reference for all the parts together, which would only result in a small change. I did not find any information from Stryker or Delta.
  9. H

    THR Question - One year after thr

    Does anyone happen to know how much weight, if any, a titanium hip adds on to a person? Or the range of what it might add? Thanks.
  10. H

    Revision THR 3 months out & still can't lift leg

    I had meralgia paresthetica which in my case was thought to be caused by some scar tissue pressing on the lateral femoral cutaneous nerve. I was told by several doctors that nerves do heal, but very slowly. I hardly notice anything related to the nerves now, and it did resolve over time...
  11. H

    THR Question - One year after thr

    I have not posted in awhile, but I want to mention that I now feel that my hip is really good, although my recovery did not fit into the one year time frame. I have noticed improvements throughout the second year in function, and I have been assured that my X-ray looks really excellent. The...
  12. H

    THR Thigh pain 7 months post op THR

    I had an anterior right hip replacement on May 26 of 2020. Meralgia paresthetica may be more common with the anterior approach based on what I have read. It was uncemented. It is interesting that your first hip went more smoothly. There are people who have had two replacement surgeries and...
  13. H

    THR Thigh pain 7 months post op THR

    @bostongal I had pain in a certain area of my thigh on the outer side of my scar which the os and another os said was scar tissue compressing a nerve or meralgia paresthetica. It has slowly diminished. That would not explain your back and other issues but I am just mentioning it. I am doing...
  14. H

    THR Psoas tendonitis post-THR

    Seasons Greetings @Sashimu! I hope you are making progress and are able to enjoy some walks. I noticed some progress between nine and 18 months and think I am doing mostly pretty well now. A longer process for me but I can do most things now. I stood in line at the butcher before...
  15. H

    Revision TKR PT Post revision surgery

    @Celle @dislocate Celle, you may be correct that only 10-15 % are dissatisfied with knee replacements. However, I have read and heard that the dissatisfaction rate is higher. It’s hard to know how that is measured. That being said, my husband who is older than I has had a very good result...
Back
Top Bottom