Guest viewing is limited

THR Psoas tendonitis post-THR

Hi @Sashimu!

I'm glad your PT is paying attention and has some suggestions. It's good to hear from you. I hope you continue to get better. If your other hip needs replacing, remember that it might be completely different. My two hips are like night and day. I can barely believe it.

Hang in there!
 
Thanks, @Schaargi! I hope you have a restful night (on your side) with the minimum of pain! And despite the pain issues, your general progress after only one week sounds pretty awesome :)

Just another comment on my PT's observation about my gait...he said that my external rotators must be weak and need strengthening. Last night I tried doing a clamshell and found that he's right...I could barely lift my surgical leg at the knee for more than an inch or two, and the other one wasn't much better! My strength is a fraction of what it was before the surgery; I could easily raise my leg a foot or so.

Guess I will add in clamshells to the exercises I'm doing now. I also have an appointment to see an athletic therapist next week, to get a customized exercise program. Not just for the hips, but for my back and upper body. Been getting a lot of stiffness and soreness; figure a gentle whole-body program may be just what I need.
 
@Sashimu,

Oh boy, everyone loves clamshells (not). I'm glad you tried, though, and can gauge your strength. A personalized gentle program sound perfect! It seems that we, as a society, compartmentalize our body parts, working on one while the others weaken. This sounds really good.

My second replacement is going well-- I can hardly believe it and am knocking on wood. I have promised myself that I will not get overexcited and overdo it. I'm only 9 days in, so slow and steady.:walking:
 
Seasons Greetings @Sashimu!
I hope you are making progress and are able to enjoy some walks. I noticed some progress between nine and 18 months and think I am doing mostly pretty well now. A longer process for me but I can do most things now. I stood in line at the butcher before Christmas for more than a half hour or maybe an hour without a cane or problem. Not fun but felt like an accomplishment to finally get my roast. Best wishes for healing.
 
Seasons greetings to you too, @HelenaM! Nice to hear from you, and I'm so happy to hear how well you're doing! :)

Just coming up to 10 months here, and I'm doing pretty well too, at last. I can still bring on the groin pain if I overdo it, but it takes a lot more to overdo it now--too many clamshells will do it, but not walking; and I care a lot more about walking than clamshells. Slow progress is good!

Lots of snow here in Victoria right now, so heading out soon for a probably short and careful walk.

Thanks for checking in, and best wishes to you!
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom