Recent content by Helen44

  1. H

    Class of 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 Hippies

    Hello fellow hippies. I had my THR in 2013. My recovery was not great and have now found out I have a disease called CMT. My hip problems were apparently due to the underlying disease and the condition is now full blown and I will be unable to walk properly ever. Anyway, thought I would drop by...
  2. H

    THR A brand new life

    Thank you for your replies :yay: I visit the physio once a week and they check my movement etc.. They have given me exercises to do at home, but they don't seem to be doing much :shrug: I'm hoping that being back at work might stretch out the muscles. It's very strange because I know I'm...
  3. H

    THR A brand new life

    Hello there! This week I celebrate my 8 week post op anniversary!! What happened to my 6 week epiphany, when I throw out my crutches and scream "I'm cured" hehe, I know I was expecting too much! I am now walking (if you can call it that) unaided, except for long distances. Why can't I walk...
  4. H

    THR One week on...

    Hello daykat, How are you? I too have sleep issues and I'm 5 weeks in! Was awake til 4.00 this morning, and I was cleaning out a cupboard...trying to be very quiet of course :) Feel free to chat to me anytime, I'm not an expert, but at least I can sympathise.. I'm not a very patient person, so...
  5. H

    THR A brand new life

    Hello fellow hippies! I'm now almost 5 weeks post op and feeling quite good. Went to physio today and they were very happy with my walking pattern since going back on to the to crutches :dancy: I still don't have a great range of movement with my knee raise. Last time I went it was 90...
  6. H

    THR A brand new life

    Evening to all, 19 days in and going well. Went to physio yesterday and they told me to go back to 2 crutches instead of the 1 my OS told me to use! Their justification was that I am leaning to the left when I walk, however I was doing that before the op too. Feels like a little step...
  7. H

    THR A brand new life

    Hi all, I went to see my OS today for my 2 week check.. He took out my staples, all 33 of them! I now do not have to wear my stockings and I'm down to 1 crutch! Still having uncomfortable nights sleep, so he has prescribed Targin, never heard of this one before - one tablet per night before...
  8. H

    THR A brand new life

    Hi Sharon, The medications I listed above, were the only ones I was sent home with. The nurse who discharged me commented that I shouldn't really need the OxyContin! But I got them anyway, however, there was only 6 in a box, so I am nearly out. I take that one about 9.00pm with 2 neurofen plus...
  9. H

    THR A brand new life

    Thank you all for your kind words. I am feeling a nit better today. Think the main problem is getting comfortable! There just doesn't seem to be a right spot... I am taking a mixture of OxyContin before I go to bed, and paracetamol and anti inflammatorys during the day to keep the ache away. I...
  10. H

    THR A brand new life

    Hello, as I write this from my bed, I am 9 days post op. I am frustrated about my lack of mobility and what seems like a dead leg! Does/did anyone have issue with non movement of their lower leg (op side)? Can't seem to engage it with my brain! Apart from that I am optimistic about my recovery...
  11. H

    Flying after surgery?

    Flying from Perth, Australia to Los Angeles... Only a short trip haha!
  12. H

    Flying after surgery?

    Hi there, I am scheduled for surgery 28th March! Part of me can't wait and part of me is scared... I am flying to the states in June and although this is my main motivation to recover quickly.. I worry that I won't be ready. Has anyone else flown post op?
  13. H

    March Musketeers 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery in March?

    Hello, I am new to the forum..I'm having a total hip replacement on the 28th March. At 44 years of age, I'm a bit scared!
Back
Top Bottom