Recent content by hegel

  1. H

    Revision TKR replace a pad after 10 years

    Thanks for the reply. No, I don't engage in contact sports. I do a fair amount of walking. One leg is slightly shorter than the other, and I wear an orthotic to compensate. Nothing severe. As mentioned, my knee is feeling more arthritic this winter, which has been unusually cold. So it's...
  2. H

    Revision TKR replace a pad after 10 years

    HI folks: I had a successful TKR about 7 years ago. The weather is cold and rain is coming; I'm feeling that arthritic ache in my TKR knee! which got me thinking: these things last about 10 years I'm told. What happens if I wear down the pad that's keeping my bones apart? Is a second surgery to...
  3. H

    TKR low energy months past TKR

    rustic I see that you're 11 months out from surgery--interesting. It is reassuring to hear from others--although anyone who got their energy back more quickly should chime in too! Again, my energy isn't terrible but I know that I tire more easily than pre surgery.
  4. H

    TKR low energy months past TKR

    I was out of shape prior to surgery but not terribly so--not much overweight and I'd been hitting the gym. But I was aerobically out of shape and my heart wasn't used to doing much. I've been gradually increasing my aerobic and weights regimen for a couple of months and I'm far more fit now. But...
  5. H

    TKR TS’s lopsided recovery'

    Hey Traceys: it's almost football season! Let us know about any games that you might be shooting. Best of all wishes to a fellow traveler on this journey. Here's looking at you, kid--we'll always have Bonesmart.
  6. H

    TKR low energy months past TKR

    Hi folks: I'm about 8 months post TKR. I've had a very good recovery and I'm really glad that I had my TKR. One thing: I was told that it would take a year to fully recover from this surgery, and I understand that--I have little glitches that are slowly improving. Now, in the first months post...
  7. H

    TKR low energy months past TKR

    Thanks Rustic. As far as the insoles go, that's done and done. Still, my gait is now different, and my stance. As you say, subtle differences in leg length can cause issues. Until a week ago I thought I would transition through. And maybe I will! I just wondered if this had come up much before...
  8. H

    TKR low energy months past TKR

    Hi all: hope everyone's doing well! So my TKR caused my right leg to become slightly longer than before. For some months I've had a slight ache in my back that I attributed to this. Over the last week plus however I find that I have a LOT of ache and pain in the morning getting out of bed and...
  9. H

    TKR TS’s lopsided recovery'

    Hi Tracey: I'm a backpacker and a big fan of poles; I've used them even on dayhikes from well before my knee issues. you probably know this but fitting is important with these. I see lots of people holding poles with their wrists down around their waist. Not helpful! I've found that having my...
  10. H

    TKR TS’s lopsided recovery'

    Hi Tracey: I'm a backpacker and a big fan of poles; I've used them even on dayhikes from well before my knee issues. you probably know this but fitting is important with these. I see lots of people holding poles with their wrists down around their waist. Not helpful! I've found that having my...
  11. H

    TKR TS’s lopsided recovery'

    I have some Lorezapan that I never use. I'll try it tonight for sleep. Lack of sleep/bad sleep is the worst part for me right now. My energy is bad and my mood can be too! Bah! Thanks for the reminder--I forgot that Lorezapan can be used for that.
  12. H

    TKR TS’s lopsided recovery'

    Yep! and nothing changes like the weather. And if it's the weather, at least primarily in this still vulnerable and recovering time for your knee, then it's NOT the knee. You've had a lot of surgeries on the knee and doubtless this is keeping recovery slow as well. I think having a talk with...
  13. H

    TKR TS’s lopsided recovery'

    Temps here are plunging into the low 40's f overnight. That's nearing the death zone! We barely reached 60 f today. Some people have been forced to abandon their flip flops for actual shoes. Happily a warming trend is here. I was worried about the new blooms on the tulip trees.... (sorry!).
  14. H

    TKR low energy months past TKR

    Tracey you have to promise to alert us to your game schedule so we can tune in and look for you racing along the sidelines with your camera.
  15. H

    TKR low energy months past TKR

    Thanks all three! It's good to know that I'm within a typical range. Sistersinhim, I just started a round of prilosec, which helped a couple of weeks ago. My stomach's not terrible, but like my knee, often seems worst at four in the a.m. By the way, I went to the gym today and found that it was...
Back
Top Bottom