Recent content by Haze

  1. Haze

    TKR The Good Parts and Some of the Challenges in my Recovery Path

    I have managed to get an appointment with the Orthopedic surgeon tomorrow at the hospital so will post here after ward.
  2. Haze

    TKR The Good Parts and Some of the Challenges in my Recovery Path

    It has been many months since I have signed in to this sight although I have recommended it to many people. I have been doing well but something interesting has happened and I think it is my fault. Unexpectedly, yesterday, my left TKR just seized up and I could not bend my knee without severe...
  3. Haze

    TKR The Good Parts and Some of the Challenges in my Recovery Path

    Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. I have been thinking about what it will be like to go through it all over again. it is good to know that you did not find things as bad. My goodness having more surgery 8 months after must have been very challenging. I live in Canada where...
  4. Haze

    TKR The Good Parts and Some of the Challenges in my Recovery Path

    Well, the symptoms have returned and I was lucky enough to get an appointment with the Orthopaedic specialist within two business days. Here is the report which is not thrilling; Diagnosis: Inflammation behind the knee cap on the leg that has the PKR Remedy: can't take cortisone as I reacted...
  5. Haze

    TKR Swmrgirl is Recovering

    Your posting caught my eye. I am a swimmer also. Your new knee will benefit so much from swiming. I notice such a difference if I miss my swim. Take good care of you and your new knee.
  6. Haze

    TKR The Good Parts and Some of the Challenges in my Recovery Path

    It has been a long time since I have posted here. I want to become involved again so I decided to post an update. My last surgery was Feb 2014 and was a TKR left. it is going well. My PKR right which was done in April 2010 is becoming interesting. I saw the orthopedic surgeon today due to an...
  7. Haze

    Just found Forum...so grateful I could cry!

    What a time you have had! I am glad to hear that some action ,although painful, is being taken. You will need to be on the pain killers especially now. Do not let any one tell you when to have them reduced or taken away. you will know that yourself. Do not let anyone force your ROM on your knee...
  8. Haze

    TKR The Good Parts and Some of the Challenges in my Recovery Path

    Thank you for your responses. What I was feeling seems to have stopped. This is good news. I have just returned from a trip by train to Chicago and that went well. Also just came back from the swimming pool this AM. I find now that I have had both knees done, I am so much more aware that there...
  9. Haze

    TKR Discouraged

    It does get better. The problem is that when you are in such pain it is hard to think that it will get better but it does! What you are going through most of us have gone through. Another of my family members had her knee done two months after mine was done. To quote her first words "I didn't...
  10. Haze

    TKR The Good Parts and Some of the Challenges in my Recovery Path

    Hello , I am back sooner than I thought. I hope it is OK to run something by everyone on the site. Where I live it is extremely cold right now . Temperatures like -24 Celsius with even colder wind chill factors. Yesterday, my PKR that was done in 2010 has started to bother me to the effect that...
  11. Haze

    TKR The Good Parts and Some of the Challenges in my Recovery Path

    I have not been here for awhile and it was actually my husband that reminded me as I am now 1 year out! Over all things are pretty good. The problem I was having with my right knee PKR has resolved itself. There was bursitis in my left hip which has now also resolved itself. I saw the surgeon...
  12. Haze

    TKR The Good Parts and Some of the Challenges in my Recovery Path

    I have just returned from a t10 day cruise up the eastern coast of New England and Canada starting in Mew York and terminating in Quebec City Canada. I donlt know if it is from pulling a very heavy suitcase on wheels or all the walking I have done and there was a lot. My PKR from 2010 is...
  13. Haze

    TKR The Good Parts and Some of the Challenges in my Recovery Path

    I have been hunting for this posting of mine for 1/2 an hour. I am pleased that I found it as I did not want to start another one. Summer has been good. Thanks for those wishes. I love to cross border shop (Toronto to Buffalo). I went two weeks ago with a friend. I did all the driving and was...
  14. Haze

    I need your help: Has BoneSmart helped in your TKR recovery?

    Bonesmart is one of the best things that happened for me, other than the knee replacement of course. I found so very many things frightening with the knee replacement. You are told very little but perhaps that is not to frighten you. I do not like to go into anything with out knowing what will...
  15. Haze

    TKR The Good Parts and Some of the Challenges in my Recovery Path

    Just came back from swimming and am now up to 26 lengths (each one is 80 ft). I am exhausted afterward but that eventually wears off. I have noticed, now that I am 4 months out that my knee will occaisonally give me a sharp jab of pain that does not last long. It is just as if the body has a...
Back
Top Bottom