Recent content by Hawthorne

  1. Hawthorne

    TKR Hawthorne - recovery!

    Well, I'm coming up 2 weeks, since the torn ligament surgery. I am not really in pain (except from my RA). I am walking with a standard walker, full weight bearing now. I am still in hospital and in an immobilizer 24/7. I'm doing leg stretches and toe bends as well as ankle circles, in the...
  2. Hawthorne

    TKR Hawthorne - recovery!

    Thank you. I am 1 week post surgery and things seem to be progressing! I did not fall. The surgeon thinks I may have just moved the wrong way somehow! It happened on May 11.
  3. Hawthorne

    TKR Hawthorne - recovery!

    I'm back in hospital - second surgery. Somehow tore a ligament on my knee cap! Had to be cleaned up and repaired. Now getting up to the commode - in hospital again -with featherweight weight bearing on my operated leg. Really discouraged!
  4. Hawthorne

    TKR Hawthorne - recovery!

    Yesterday I went to have my staples removed. It did not go well. Just before I left home, the knee became very painful to move. I got there but, They only took out every 3rd staple because it began to bleed a bit. THey redressed it and had to help me to the bathroom. It was very painful...
  5. Hawthorne

    TKR Hawthorne - recovery!

    When I look back over the day, on Monday - I did do more than I should have. I also tried to get away with fewer pain meds. I backed off a bit today! Thanks!
  6. Hawthorne

    TKR Hawthorne - recovery!

    We are! almost the same kitties! My Pumpkin went to the Rainbow Bridge about 6 years ago. I miss him but he is always in my heart!
  7. Hawthorne

    TKR Hawthorne - recovery!

    Tomorrow, I get the staples removed. I'm looking forward to that - another step on the road to recovery! My lower leg is healing - slowly but surely. I had a lot of pain during the night last. I'm not sure why - hoping for a better night tonight! I am not walking long distances but walking...
  8. Hawthorne

    TKR Hawthorne - recovery!

    No one seems to be sure but, I watched a video (youtube) on knee replacement. There was a warning that it was graphic. It showed how the surgeons grabbed the lower leg and slid their gloved hands back and forth (grabbing and pushing), as they worked on placing the tibia part of the knee. My...
  9. Hawthorne

    TKR Hawthorne - recovery!

    I came home fro hospital today. I was kept a couple of days longer, because of the blistering and tearing on the lower leg. My TKR seems pretty good some swelling and a little pain. My torn up lower leg is very achy and sore. It is wrapped in gauze - and I have iodine strips and it's stiff...
  10. Hawthorne

    TKR Hawthorne - recovery!

    Thank you, Josephine! With all your experience, I feel so much better about my leg! Some of those legs look just like mine!!!
  11. Hawthorne

    TKR Hawthorne - recovery!

    Surgery - April 24. Doing well with the knee joint. Can walk 40+ meters a day with little pain. However the skin on my lower leg blistered badly and tore, in places. Had a wound care specalist look at it today. It is going to take time to heal that skin, with specialist care, but I can get...
  12. Hawthorne

    2018 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?

    My TKR, right knee, has been moved back 1 day to April 24!
  13. Hawthorne

    Knee replacement - April 25, 2018

    I would like to hear from people who had the knock knee deformity - caused by the OA in the knee. How was the knock knee after the TKR? Did it mean different/more therapy to get walking correctly again?
  14. Hawthorne

    2018 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?

    Hi Kim! I see you have had this knee since 2014, and a couple of other procedures - on the knee since then. Hope the revision goes well for you! You might find some people who have had revisions. on the board. They can tell you about that situation.
  15. Hawthorne

    Knee replacement - April 25, 2018

    Thanks, Josephine. I was thinking, though, that the stabilizer that he may have to put in because the break has not yet totally healed, may extend the surgery time. I did have a cat scan in December (2017) because he wanted to try to see what was slowing the healing. Of course, the break will...
Back
Top Bottom