Recent content by harleysbud

  1. harleysbud

    RTKR 5 days away (July 21), getting really nervous!

    Good news you are moving forward. Those kitties will be snuggling with you in no time.
  2. harleysbud

    July 18th LTKR..what a shocker.

    @DianeJ..truly your support and wisdom are helping me through this. Yes, it's true it's much better to wait. There were just so many factors to take into consideration in scheduling this surgery. It will be very difficult for me,my business, family available the later I have to wait. But it is...
  3. harleysbud

    TKR ROM-chatter

    Here's wishing you a less pain filled day tomorrow.
  4. harleysbud

    Left TKR on 17 July

    So wonderful to hear how good you sound @marmora. Keep us posted as I really want to follow your experience. Sadly, my surgery was cancelled at the last minute due to UTI diagnosis found in pre-op testing. So I will not be joining anyone on the other side anytime soon. Look forward to seeing...
  5. harleysbud

    RTKR 5 days away (July 21), getting really nervous!

    @DianeJ and @Yorkimom; What a coincidence. My surgery was scheduled for tomorrow at 7:30. I got a call at 4pm today telling me my family dr wouldn't sign off due to a UTI! I had no idea and no symptom and have not had a UTI since college and I hesitate to say how long ago that was! I am in...
  6. harleysbud

    July 18th LTKR..what a shocker.

    UNBELIEVABLE....tomorrow's surgery was cancelled at 4pm today. Apparently I have a UTI and my primary doctor will not sign off. This is 13 hours before my surgery. I have everything all ready. I was mentally on board and looking forward to this. Right now, I feel as if I am in a state of...
  7. harleysbud

    TKR Pop? Click?

    Thanks everyone. I was really taken aback by that. I had no idea.
  8. harleysbud

    TKR Pop? Click?

    Does your new knee pop and click when you walk? I am a day away from LTKR and yesterday attended a class at my OS's office. He mentioned my new knee would, more than likely, click as I walked...up to a year?? My knee clicks now and I can't stand it. It's worrisome to me that I will have to...
  9. harleysbud

    RTKR 5 days away (July 21), getting really nervous!

    I've thought a lot about why this is so hard for me to process and I really think part of it is the feeling of loss of control. Logically, I understand how many of these surgeries are successful but that still doesn't keep me from worrying a little bit, which I think is natural in any surgical...
  10. harleysbud

    Left TKR on 17 July

    I certainly wish I had a partial view of the Irish Sea...I'm sure I'll be the one looking at the parking deck! It's really wonderful to have a site like this and it truly does diminish the "what ifs" that I seem to have creep up all the time. It's comforting to know I'm not the only one...
  11. harleysbud

    July 18th LTKR..what a shocker.

    I know, my thoughts exactly. It was in direct opposition to what the hospital nurses told me..so I'll have a go with them and ask their opinion when I'm in hospital. I'm not going to push myself beyond what I am comfortable with. Best of luck today...I'll be thinking about you and waiting...
  12. harleysbud

    July 18th LTKR..what a shocker.

    One more day and i think I'm beyond being nervous or maybe I'm just really tired. Today I met with my OS other patients for an in office info session. I have a lot of faith in my OS and his staff..not so much at first, but he is very respected at the hospital so must be a reason. I was a...
  13. harleysbud

    July 18th LTKR..what a shocker.

    good to know kneeper
  14. harleysbud

    TKR ROM-chatter

    Hope you are able to sleep well tonight. Just think how far you've come in less than 24 hours!
  15. harleysbud

    TKR ROM-chatter

    @bumknees09 Great News! Keep us posted and remember to do everything we tell you ;)
Back
Top Bottom