Recent content by happymum

  1. happymum

    TKR Still Riding the TKR Wave

    I will Jacey, thank you! I appreciate it
  2. happymum

    TKR Still Riding the TKR Wave

    Thank you Sara 61. No more treadmill for me! Thank you, I hope I haven't caused damage...
  3. happymum

    TKR Still Riding the TKR Wave

    Hi everyone, I hope you are all well and happy, its been a very hard year for the world. I had a total Knee replacement on my left leg in July 2014 at 51 years. I had an extended recovery as I have inflammatory arthritis which complicates things. After getting through the first 12 months of...
  4. happymum

    Bilateral TKR Nothing is Going to Stop Me Now!

    Hi @Threads sending healing prayers your way. I hope you are comfortable.
  5. happymum

    TKR Left TKR on 17 July

    Hi Cathie, So glad you have your 5 year all clear. You have been through alot but you are such a sunny person. Yay for you. I'm enjoying the pool almost daily now and did my first lap of breaststroke arms and kicking legs ( no breaststroke legs for me) I was very pleased with myself and not too...
  6. happymum

    TKR Biggest issue - discouragement/pain

    Hi :) Yep I recon you need to take more pain relief as mentioned and also ask the dr about medication to manage constipation . I used movicol for four months for constipation and it worked well. You can't possibly keep going in so much pain nor should you have too. Good luck, from Deb
  7. happymum

    TKR Still Riding the TKR Wave

    Thanks very much @skigirl
  8. happymum

    TKR This has been the worst, most painful, most careless surgery ever

    Hi @Satsu I had my tkr 2 July this year. I left hospital after 3 weeks with a 60 rom flex. I am over 100 know just with gentle exercises and pool physio. I saw my Ortho Surgeon last week and he was very pleased with my knee and told me I can still improve, feel better, have less swelling and...
  9. happymum

    TKR Still Riding the TKR Wave

    Hi @skigirl Could you please change my title to "Still riding the tkr wave!" ? I would really appreciate it. I either don't have thread tools OR I cant see them lol. (I read a post last night regarding this where you kindly said you can) Thanks very much Deb
  10. happymum

    TKR From top of ridgetop, looking down to recovery

    Hi the CPM machine was painful for me and I have read here that studies suggest they make no difference to a persons recovery. I hope the rest of your recovery is smooth sailing, Best wishes, Deb
  11. happymum

    TKR Still Riding the TKR Wave

    Yay for you @marmora, Cathie, so glad that you are having a few wins too! So good to hear :) You are doing a lot to, I'm very impressed, good for you! I wonder when you get your post op X-ray. I hope this week brings much laughter and love. Love Deb
  12. happymum

    TKR Still Riding the TKR Wave

    Hi @Jane B. Thanks for the lovely reply, glad you liked my little cutie! I have turned a corner, so I'm not worried about the bleed. OS said it could ooze for a while yet. Makes a difference when you know whats going on and whether to be worried or not! No, not selfish at all Jane B. giving...
  13. happymum

    TKR Still Riding the TKR Wave

    Hi @NetballKnees , Ellen, I live in the Pilbara ~ northwest West Australia, very hot here at the moment and only going to get hotter. We are lucky everything is aircon so its not too bad. I hope you are having a lovely day.
  14. happymum

    TKR Still Riding the TKR Wave

    Hi @marmora , Cathie, No blood thinners for me but a combination of arthritis and asthma medications over a long period of time, according to the hematologist. Oh well. we are what we are! Yes i am happier with my new knee ~ I hope the feeling lasts! Ha ha I am sure it will :fingersx: Yes I was...
  15. happymum

    TKR Still Riding the TKR Wave

    Hi @skigirl Could you please change my title to "Still riding the tkr wave!" ? I would really appreciate it. I either don't have thread tools OR I cant see them lol. (I read a post last night regarding this where you kindly said you can) Thanks very much Deb
Back
Top Bottom